Stuck rear seat - again.....

eeeboy

First off - I've have delved into the archives to solve my problem but am still looking for a solution.

My rear left passenger seat will not fold and is stuck in the upright position. Pulling the lever at the top closest to the door does very little as it will not extend fully.

I have attempted to lift the pin clear of the securing anchor by using a screwdriver and long nosed pliers as suggested in a previous thread. I manage to raise the brass coloured pin about 2cm but it then will not move any further up - this is my concern.

I have wiggled and waggled the chair, pulled the lower release mechanism at the same time and applying pressure on the seat in various places whilst trying to release the pin but still no joy.

When I last placed the seat back in the car after removal I recall struggling to get it back properly but eventually got it in with some moderate force (...... now I realise my mistake).

Please help.

Thanks.

Try putting some weight on the seat, then pull up the handle, the handle may feel at its last point like mine did but a little tug and it should ( fingers crossed ) work free.

Alan

Good suggestion Alan.

Got the pin as high as it would go using the screwdriver/long-nose plier technique and then gave the side of the headrest a couple of thumps whilst pulling on the handle - job done.

Then i rested knee on back of folded seat whilst pulling lower handle to help re-locate seat. Now works as it should.

Thanks for your advice.

Back