Stuttering below 2500rpm

Churchy

A2OC Donor
Hiya,

Apologies for posting in this area of the forum as well!

1.6 FSI 64k - car is fine once up to speed and above 3000 rpm but below this and when pulling in 2nd and 3rd gears it seems to stutter unless you use a really heavy foot! Just had it serviced and they could find no issue and also had the cambelt etc done about 500 miles ago.

Have put a few tanks of super through it and although it seems better the stuttering is not completely cured.

Guess a full diagnostic may highlight an issue? Fuel filter, throttle body - maybe?

Any ideas gratefully received!

cheers
Churchy

Hope this may help others that suffer the same or similar - after my first post (the first I have put on here to date with no replies!!!!!)

Had a scan today which showed a misfire cylinder 2 - new coil pack and a new set of spark plugs (which I think were original!) and all seems fine so fingers x.

Stutter / judder has completely gone and although I replaced no 2 coil pack too the engine was not making the same sound as when the other coil packs have gone - anyway guess it doesn't harm to change it over as the 'faulty' one was the only non standard one out of the four so not sure if that tells you anything!!!!!

Poss back to loving my FSI (sorry the wifes FSI).
Cheers
Churchy

Back