Swopping A2 for Tigra

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWMBO has finally put her foot down and said she wants to order a Tigra with all the bells and whistles (1.8 Sport with leather & a/c)- this is without seeing one, never mind driving one![29][16]:([4]

How do I persuade her to stick with the A2???????

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

hehehe... give her her own membership to this Forum... and force her to talk to all of us each and every night... she'll quickly realise there is no such nice place as this on the web for VAUXHALL owners!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

She is now having second thoughts - feels that the Corsa interior (same as Tigra) is a bit tacky. Is now thinking about another A2 (1.6 FSI) ! ! ! ! ! !

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Phew. Looks as if you have escaped the shame of having a Tigra parked on your driveway ;)
I've not driven the FSI, but I've heard many great things about it. Best place that order before she changes her mind again.

Fastest A2 is obviously the TDi 90 and not the wheasy FSi... and that is BEFORE chipping it...

____________________________________________________________________________________
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

SWMBO has changed her mind again - her privilidge. Now wants a 206 CC Alure - complete with wheel sealant. SHe has a short memory!!!!

Ian

As if the 206 interior can compete with the A2. I drove a 206 SW 2.0 HDi as an alternative to my current A2. Although nice to drive, I totally disliked the plastic look of the interior, the lousy seats and especially the weird positioning and handling of the clutch/brake/accellerator.
Have her testdrive one and she'll swing round (in whatever direction, again ;) !)

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Oh no not a 206 - I was given one as a courtesy and gave it back after a couple of days. The seats are unsupportive and gave me back ache, the pedals are all offset adding to the backache problem and there is not enough room in the footwell. A typical example of a car designed for LHD with no thought going in to the RHD version. Avoid!

ianjohnsonws14, you've just got to keep her concentrating on A2's.
Whilst our A2 was in for Warrenty repairs recently, the courtesy car was an A2 Colour Storm (Blue) with the 1.6 FSI engine. Did not find it 'wheezy' at all - in fact it rather appealed to us. So much so that the next A2 will almost definitely be a 1.6 FSI Sport with leather interior!
Keep the existing A2 until she changes her mind back to the A2 again, then get down to the closest Audi Centre and order one sharpish!!![1]

Sept 2001 registered A2 1.4 SE in Crystal Blue metallic, Open Sky Roof, Climate, 'Symphony' 6 CD radio & tape, Bose sound system, curtain airbags.

The predecessor to the A2 was a 206SE 2.0 SE with climate and leather - she liked it! Very difficult to change her mind now she knows about tyre sealant!

Ian

hmmm... add four people, all their luggage and try and do a constant 100mph up and downhill in France in a 1,6 Fsi WITHOUT EVER changing down from 5th gear... I think you'll find it quite impossible... [8)] The set and forget the car in 5th gear and still being able to overtake etc is for me invaluable in a TDi vs a petrol...
I would strongly urge you to test drive a Tdi 90 before ordering a Fsi... Fsi technology needs lots of revs to deliver the dough which hurts fuel consumption. If you don't rev them (or change down 2 gears) they are "wheezy".

Johann, I'll keep an open mind on the TDi Vs Petrol issue.
Will test drive the 90 TDi as you suggest, but must say I prefer the smoothness of petrol engines compared to diesel, although admitedly, they are getting better.
Generally, Audi diesels ARE the best diesels I've driven.
Ezza

Sept 2001 registered A2 1.4 SE in Crystal Blue metallic, Open Sky Roof, Climate, 'Symphony' 6 CD radio & tape, Bose sound system, curtain airbags.

Having driven several VAG 1.9TDIs they are far from the best, have not tried the 2.0 yet - the Ford Tdci is as good and the Honda is far better.

On the 206CC at least you can get a space saver with it now.

Ian

I'm finding the TDi 90 a lot more noisier at tickover than the 75 was. But once on the move the 90 is a different beast. Having driven the FSi my conclusion was that the engine sounded gruff. Maybe that was because it had relatively few miles on it and I found it had to be revved considerably to achive the same sort of performance I was used to in the 75.

I would thoroughly recommend a test drive in the 90. I could tell the difference in performance even before I had left the dealer site. I was used to the 75 which kicked you in the back at about 2,000 revs. Well, the 90 does it from tickover revs. The response is instant.
Eric, if you jump into a 90 after your 1.4 I'll be surprised if you are not amazed at the performance differential.

Shaf

1. Mar 2001 TDi 75 SE, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, winter pack.
2. Nov 2002 TDi 75 Sport, Silver,black/grey interior,climate.
3. Jun 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, wrong interior (black/black), climate, front fogs.
4. Sep 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, leather/alcantara, front fogs.

My, what a lot of cars you've had, Shaf! [8D]
Have tried the 75 Diesel - Fine around town (better than the petrol), but I was not so impressed on the open road, when fast 'A' & 'B' roads beckon with tempting sweeping curves!
I am not against diesels, but do get dismayed when the revs run out at 4000/4500 RPM.
Incidentally, my neighbour had to have his Ford Mondeo TDCi engine replaced as it died completely just when it was two years old - the day before he was due to trade it in for a new Mondeo TDCi!!! Whooops!

Ian

A 206 CC! Does your wife mind having the roof get stuck in the half way position when it is pelting down with rain/snow/frogs/fish etc? I know not all 206 CC's suffer the roof problem, but it happens more than it should.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Eric, what can I say, I would have been on my third A2 if the dealer had got the interior right. I had to adapt my driving style when swapping over to diesel. The torque enables you to short shift rather than having to rev the nuts off the motor.

It's the same when I ride my brother's Ducati 996, I have to adapt, I can't ride it like I ride my Fireblade.

Shaf

1. Mar 2001 TDi 75 SE, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, winter pack.
2. Nov 2002 TDi 75 Sport, Silver,black/grey interior,climate.
3. Jun 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, wrong interior (black/black), climate, front fogs.
4. Sep 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, leather/alcantara, front fogs.

Saturday was a close escape - Peugeot salesman was way off on the valuation of the A2 and wouldn't budge on new price, also didn't think there was a space saver spare (listed in the 206CC price list). Amazing stance since every Peugeot dealer has unregistered CCs - two in the showroom in Lichfield.

SWMBO regained her nervousness about lack of spare - salesman believes list is wrong - so we are back to the A2 (quality feel, commanding driving position, size) - ordered another A2 yesterday, due November (Black, grey leather, climate, heated seats, open sky, space saver, five spoke alloys) sure we could have got a better deal but difficult with SWMBO present!

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO (1.4 Petrol SE, Black, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys on order) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back