Technology

When you think about (or more to the point when you look into it) the A2 is a marvel of tech.

Its true i guess that people just 'didn't get it' the way it was intended and it ultimately failed in its task.. to bring a space age technology savvy efficent small car to the masses.

you cant help but feel that if audis options/maintainance weren't so expensive it would have taken off much more than it did.

that said being the owner of one is a special experience. i used to have an A4 Avant (from new) and i loved that car - however i feel no less satisfaction in my new (second hand) A2. In fact because i couldnt afford to spend much on options with the A4 i actually feel happier in some ways in the A2 because of the high spec kit it has! great fun!

Well just wanted to share my feelings on the experience, and undoubtly you are much the same in feeling ;)

Cheers guys/girls

p.s. the a2 is supposed to be a girly/womans car (so i hear from people) but are many of the members here female or mostly male? :p

I have a pretty high spec on my A2, it's better specced than my A4 and even than my bro's A8. Still missing a couple of things though. Would like a bit more power too. Mine isn't associated with being a womans car. I still get looks when i drive about though, got stopped a couple of days ago by someone wanting to know everything about A2's. Ended up arranging a viewing/test drive of a black 51 plate A2 1.4se.

I think the best way to check if its a girls car, is by folding down the drivers visor. If it's got a mirror is a girls car!!

Emm

Emm said:
I think the best way to check if its a girls car, is by folding down the drivers visor. If it's got a mirror is a girls car!!

Emm
I Have a van for work and that has a mirror on the drivers sunblind,I dont believe a van is considered a girly car.
Cars I consider to be Girly/Hairdresser associated are:
Ford Ka's
Micra's
Vauxhall Tigras
206's especially the CC
Merc SLK
Bog standard Saxo's

Anyone car to add any more?

Emm said:

Emm
Coz girls are more vain than men? Yeah right.........

I think the A2 is quite neutral in terms of image tbh - the only thing that puts it in the womens car bracket is purely it's size, and, if there is such a thing - 'cuteness', which I suppose it could be accused of.

We got our A2 about 8 months ago, new, but pre-registered - and a similar story here, already have an A4 avant, bought new a year before that, with a few options - but damn me if this little A2 hasn't got more stuff on it - I'm envious of the Bose especially, and nice seats.

I like driving them both equally though - the A2 is more fun, the A4 though is miles ahead in terms of comfort and refinement.

Hi herusix
Just spotted that your car spec includes a TT gearknob. Was it easy to fit ? (I thought the TT and A2s clamping arrgt for the knob was completely different)

Cheers Spike

Dare I say a girly / haridresser car:

Audi TT (current guise)

Then:

Suzuki Vitara (Fatboy)
Mercedes A Class (1997 - 2004)
Any Renault Clio

I do not want to cause a problem but some cars are certainly developed with female drivers in mind both mechanically and in design.

Well this is going to upset some-one! I don't necessarily say it is a girls car but it is generally driven by them. Stands back for imminent Scud attack:) .
Smart car.

Back