News That's me done, thanks very much.

This is me bowing out.

Been a member for about 2 half years now, and all ways find this website a great help.

I have sold my TDI 90 sport this afternoon, and pleased to say it has gone to a good home, Buckinghamshire, male, and loves his cars, nice bloke.

Having owned a 1.6 fsi and a sport 90, (remapped) and what a car after the remap. Loved every minute of it.

It was time for the car to go, and not felt this feeling of loss since selling my Peugeot 205 1.9 gti way back, when I met Nicola (my wife 1990) when we bought our first house together.

Anyway, planning to source a Audi a3 now, looking at DSG or a sport TDI. Hooked on the brand now.

I would like to say thanks for every one who has given me advice over the years you have been a great help. Particularly thanks go the following;

skipton01; murdo; grim keeper; and spike.

Take care, and good health to all members.

Andrew007007................................................

You don't have to go...........

Mine went in 2004 - but I just keep hanging on.................

Cue song............

Hi Andrew, I had a 205 1.9 GTi in 97, it was a 4 years old and I loved everything about it, it was a weapon of a car at the time, the only thing that I have had that got anywhere close to the feeling of driving that was a Toyota MR2 Turbo. Saying that I do love the A2, its not fast but it really is hard to find anything that is better than the little A2. Audi will seriously be kicking themselves for stopping production in 05, had they waited it would have possibly become one of the most popular small cars of it's time - Perhaps like the Mini in the 1960's. Good luck with your new purchase and let us know how you get on.

Hi Andrew, I had a 205 1.9 GTi in 97, it was a 4 years old and I loved everything about it, it was a weapon of a car at the time, the only thing that I have had that got anywhere close to the feeling of driving that was a Toyota MR2 Turbo. Saying that I do love the A2, its not fast but it really is hard to find anything that is better than the little A2. Audi will seriously be kicking themselves for stopping production in 05, had they waited it would have possibly become one of the most popular small cars of it's time - Perhaps like the Mini in the 1960's. Good luck with your new purchase and let us know how you get on.

I think your right, I think they were just a few years to early with this car, it's now that the price of fuel has gone silly, that having one now is really proving a good thing.

I took am on my third Audi, good luck with getting an A3, also great cars :)

Andrew007007

I think your right, I think they were just a few years to early with this car, it's now that the price of fuel has gone silly, that having one now is really proving a good thing.

I took am on my third Audi, good luck with getting an A3, also great cars :)

Thanks for your kind comments, not viewed A3's any yet, but have a short list of about five. Will definitely drop in and let you know what I get and supply some pictures.

Been on some more club websites for the A3 and they don't seem as good as this one, seem to remember another member saying this.

Anyway cheers guys, will keep you all posted.

NB; the chap who bought my A2 has ordered his styling kit from Audi and is going to Germany in it!

Good to see you are still popping back Andy - no need to leave as youre buying another Audi. I have had 3 x A3's - the latter 2 have been TDi Sportback do if you want a set of ears when you start the serious searching let me know.

Cheers, Murdo

A3

Cheers murdo,

starting to look harder now, but still unsure on the dsg or sport tdi, tempted at the dsg, but being a drivers person want to have good driving experience.

Do those paddle shifts work well enough?

An extra £68 on the car insurance so not bad, there is couple on ebay that finish this friday and seen two on the trader.

Will keep you informed, off to bed now up at 4!!!

andy.

nb; have a look at this one nice example, but 5 door, pricey for me, & too far away - newcastle

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/2382651.htm

Audi A3 DSG update

Gents;

Been having a good look round and managed to find one to tick all my boxes!

Have arranged to go down on Saturday and have a look and if OK do a deal. FASH, low mileage, well looked after, cam belt been done.

Just hope I enjoy it as much as my previous two A2's!

Andy.

I have the DSG on my Toledo albeit without paddles, works very well. Toledo also much cheaper than an A3.... which is not to say had funds allowed I wouldn't have bought something similar to what you are looking at! Why not try the Auctions? BCA always seem to have plenty of good ex fleet A3's with lots of bells and whistles.

I have paddle shift on my roadster, all cars should come fitted with them as they make gear changes so much easier.
I'm forever searching for them when I forget in the A2.
If I could have them on the A2 I would have them fitted.
My friend just got an Alfa GT with paddles and he loves them.

Dsg

interesting comments about the paddles, did think about the auctions but had some doubt about actually buying the vehicle........would hate to drive it away and find to have a dud.

Think I will be using the paddles quite a lot, as i still want to be engaged in the car, can you use the gear stick as tip tronic?

On my research nearly almost all the x fleet cars carried a hefty mileage which was one aspect i wanted to avoid.

At one point when i was struggling to find one, i was starting to look at BMW's 1 series, and seat leon. I have owned a seat toledo before, large well built, well equipped car but was thirsty.

Anyway planned for a saturday viewing and hopefully a purchase will post an update.

Andy.

I have yet to buy a dud from Auction and personally high mileage doesn't put me off, usually means it is motorway mileage and will come with a service print out. The likes of BCA do not want to get a reputation for selling duffers and most of the cars are ex-fleet, ex-Importers own management cars, and often ready to retail quality. The DSG has a tiptronic mode which is great to use. If you don't need the bootspace I would look at the Leon, if you do why not an Octavia? Especially in VRs or Lauren and Klement trim are one hell of a lot of car for the money and better built than just about anything VAG make bar Audi. We simply couldn't find an Octaia estate which fulfilled our requirements at the time we were searching.

Audi A3 DSG update

Gents,

Finally got a Audi a3 dsg s line. travelled down to Hereford on Saturday 29 and met Andy at the station. Really pleased with the car, managed to get a low mileage, the wheels i preferred, s line spec, - bose, electric sunroof etc.

Comes with 2 owners from new, FASH, cam belt done by them also. Still adjusting the box, but must admit like the paddles. All tyres are good, and it is in very, very, good condition for its year. You sit a lot lower than the a2 and the doors weigh a ton.

On our way back on Saturday night, called into a petrol station to fill up, paid for the juice and the owner gave us free home made steak and kidney pies, free tea and coffee, (they were shortly closing for the day) pity i could not enjoy the pies due to my gluten allergy!

Will post some pictures some time this week and see what you think, cheers to everyone who passed on there opinion / advice.

Andy.

Audi A3 DSG

Sounds like you have bought pretty much my ideal a3 spec too! Is it 3 or 5 door?

3 door, never have liked the 5 door, the link i posted some days ago from PH was a 5 door - a nice example - but 5 doors are not for me.

Its also got some kind of hard drive in the boot - you take it out and plug via usb into your laptop and down load music to it and then control it from the head unit. yet to try it.

My 'ex' (cough) had an early current shape A3 2.0TDi SE and a very nice car it was too, very economical from memory achieveing 50+ mpg most of the time.....

Audi A3 DSG update

My 'ex' (cough) had an early current shape A3 2.0TDi SE and a very nice car it was too, very economical from memory achieveing 50+ mpg most of the time.....

Was that DSG? would guess at not so! if I am reading my DIS correctly I am getting 42mpg. This is though very urban driving. Traffic lights galore in chester.

Back