The New Tank

S4 wheels. i thought about those. but if i was gonna do any now it would be the new RS4's

anyway let there be light...

a2night6qj.jpg

my god man it needs a clean...

Last edited:
Look again - they're not S4 wheels, nor are they S3 or S-anything. They are genuine Audi ones though, TT wheels actually, with 215/40 ZR 17 Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres.

From initial driving impressions, the ride quality is vastly improved over the standard Sport setup and there appears to be no rubbing issues as yet. I will be removing all 4 wheels again shortly to inspect the arches for any signs of rubbing.

TT wheels

I have beeen offered a free set of TT alloys (std 17"s with newish boots on them). but was reading in the recent past that there have been spacer issues with fitting these to A2's....

I had just about decided to abandon this but saw yours and thought I'd ask about the process....

Any advice welcome (off list if you want)

PaddyS

TT wheels should be fine on an A2 - the PDC is the same at 100mm and as long as the offset works out ( http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp ) you should be ok.

However, bear in mind that TT wheels have 225/45 R 17 tyres fitted as standard and these will not fit into the A2 wheel arch without rubbing. The biggest you could go comfortably is 215/40 R 17, as I have fitted to mine.

So, you need to weigh up whether the cost of new rubber is worth it on free wheels or if you'd be better off getting a new package, say online.

Thanks - I'll have to look up what tyres are on the wheels as they are not the original ones...

Then I can try and work out the costs... All of my SE wheels need refurb and the tyres are not new (though have plenty left on them) and I need 3 new centres so there is a ballance of cost on both sides...

PaddyS

Just to clarify, I believe (don't know for sure) that the 16" wheels are unavailable in the UK, this is from conversations I've had with Audi UK.

Back