Theat strange clutch pedal thing (again!)

d4v1d sm4rt

A2OC Donor
Had the clutch bite point changing all day today from an inch off the floor to right near the top and all points in between. Obviously when it was near the floor it wasnt working very well and made the gears hard to change. The fluid reservoir was full up and i bled it as best as i could after which time it worked best ever but shortly after in returned to messing around again. By the end of the day it had reverted to normal but i am concerned that it will just give up the ghost entirely leaving me stranded. It isnt losing any fluid and there doesnt appear to be any obvious leaks. My own theory is that the master cylinder is getting stuck internally somehow and not returning fully therefore when you put your foot back down on it there is not the full travel being taken up. I can see the piston disappearing into the master cylinder part within the footwell inside the car and it looks OK but i dont know what is inside it. Anyone else suffered this? or knows what it is? Today was perhaps the hottest day of the year sofar so i dont know whether this has anything to do with it. I did read a thread from someone who has since left the club about a faulty batch of master cylinders but the dealer says there is no known fault or recalls so far...

For me, it's a little different. Sometimes I have two biting points. One near the floor but not strong enough to pull the car away. I can feel it though. The other one is the regular one at the top of the stroke, which always is there and works normally.

Back