Throttle Housing Fault

Tiny

Before I start describing the problem im experiencing.

I would just like to say this is a fantastic site which im sure many of the other members would agree is the 1st stop if you are experiencing any problems or just have a general question. Keep up the good work Guys\Gals

I have owned my 53 plate TDI SE for just under 6 months now; and had quite a shock when i took it for a service at my local audi garage. I had a load of problems which just made me want to cry.

Anti roll bar had to replaced,
Shock Absorber was leaking
Alloy was slightly warped
and an issue with the thottle housing (they suggested it needed to be replaced)

etc...

all in all they wanted to charge me nearly £2000 to have it all fixed...

... Now because im not in the posistion to just whip that sort of money out of my back pocket I decided to get the the most important things done...

Anti Roll Bar and purchased some replacement alloys from ebay.
Decided to leave the shock absorber till a slightly later date.

on top of the service i was still left with a hefty £800 bill (thanks audi)

Thankfully my warranty covered part of the costs (not much mind you).

Really got to stop rabbiting on, to the crunch. Is there anyway of getting a cheaper replacement throttle thingy (including fitting) for less than £497.51p that Audi want to get charge me?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tiny

I was of the impression that only petrol models have a throttle body, so it could be a bit of subterfuge on the part of Audi!

Get back to them and ask exactly what they want to replace and why. Then ask for the part numbers and I'll get back to you with the actual prices when you let me know the part numbers.

If you're not experiencing problems with the engine performance or its characteristics, then don't overly worry about things.

The ARB is a common issue, as are warped alloys. Leaking dampers are less common, but a set of FSDs will solve your problems and give you a better ride and handling into the bargain too.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks will definitly look into it and let you know... apart from the problems ive had its a lovely car, really turns heads especially if you have bose ;)

Back