Torque app for Android

clong

Any one used this? Combined with a bluetooth OBDII dongle it allows you to scan for fault codes in the ECU, although im not sure if it can look at any other module. It also allow allows you to look at various graphs of mainfold temps, boost pressure etc. It seems to work quite well, and for a free app its very good (although you still need to fork out for a OBDII bluetooth dongle)

Any one used this? Combined with a bluetooth OBDII dongle it allows you to scan for fault codes in the ECU, although im not sure if it can look at any other module. It also allow allows you to look at various graphs of mainfold temps, boost pressure etc. It seems to work quite well, and for a free app its very good (although you still need to fork out for a OBDII bluetooth dongle)

That is very cool...very tempted

I have this exact set-up!

i bought a mini ODBII bluetooth dongle from amazon for under £10 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diagnostic-...AILG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1364989781&sr=8-7) and paid for the torque 'pro' app for about £2.50.

everything syncs up fine and it gives me real-time data on things like MPG, revs, speed, and a host of other weird and wonderful things i could never imagine needing to know!

i'd highly recomend it... it also alows you to scan for faults too, so for under £13 you have your very own diy DIS and mini diag tool in one

Drew

The Torque App with a cheap Bluetooth OBD2 dongle (down to about £7 these days), and an old Android phone, is a great thing to have to hand, I have used it on my different model Audi's and other cars such as BMW, and some Mercedes, for what is effectively pennies, you've got a decent and quite a sophisticated tool!

You can measure many things and use it like a DIS with 'more' features than a standard DIS.

It can have a few issue's like a little lag, but all in all it is a great tool, in fact for the price, I'd say it is a must have for everyone here, as your guaranteed that will need to read fault codes at some point :) I know it isn't as sophisticated as VCDS which is a different beast altogether, as it won't allow you to tap into other control modules, but if you have a fault with the engine, it certainly picks that up, which is the main point of getting you out of trouble and keeps your wee beasties going :)

Cheers
Sarge

EDIT: May not work on the A2 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the error code scanning now definitely work on Torque with our cars? I've had Torque for ages but never really sure the error scanning was telling the truth!

Does the error code scanning now definitely work on Torque with our cars? I've had Torque for ages but never really sure the error scanning was telling the truth!

You know what Dan, thinking about it, I haven't used the Torque on an A2 for a long time (so may stand corrected with ref to use on the A2), regularly use it on my A4 DTM (works great) and assumed they corrected any issues, I wonder if it's all A2's or just the earlier ones it has trouble with?

I can't fault it with other models and makes although, it's hardly a comprehensive list I tried it on, however, I still say it's still worth having though.

Cheers
Sarge

I tried it in my 2002 TDI and no luck in picking up an error code that I knew was there. Same with my scangauge...

That was about 2 years ago so it is possible that it has been updated since. It might also be affected by the version of the Bluetooth elm gadget as well.

Last edited:
Back