Torque talk - Jabbasport results

alanm

A2OC Donor
I paid a visit to Jabbasport at Crowland near Peterborough last Friday for a custom rolling road remap on my 2003 1.4 tdi 75. The car's performance has been transformed and I've been smiling ever since.

The service was excellent, and the time passed very quickly thanks to the plush waiting room and endless supply of coffee, videos and dvds.

The guys at Jabbasport reckon the results for my car were excellent - although I don't understand the numbers, the performance improvement is very obvious. Given this and the fact that it took nearly four hours to optimise the remap, the dosh was very well spent!

The numbers are
Engine Power:
Pre-remap = 61.0kW = 82.9Cv
Post-remap = 88.4kW = 120.1Cv
Wheel Power (post-remap) = 79.9kW = 108.5Cv
Dissipate Power (post-remap) = 8.5kW = 11.6Cv
Rule Power (post-remap) = 87.1kW = 118.3Cv (DIN70020 Rule)

Max Couple:
Pre-remap = 200Nm at 2830 RPM (93.8Km/h)
Post-remap 253.6Nm at 3060 g/m (101.4Km/h)

How do the above numbers seem to those of you who have had your 1.4 tdi 75s remapped? The only other mod that might have affected the remap results was that I had a K&N airfilter fitted at a major service when I took delivery of the car on 1 September.

The initial upgrading of my car will be complete when the seats and door trims get a full two-tone leather treatment at Seat Surgeons near York. The all-in price of £895 is very reasonable for what Paul and his colleagues will be doing to the car's interior.

Back