Tow bar issue

EF MAX

I have done something rather silly... attached a rope to my towbar and tried to remove something that was stuck in my mates garden..

Problem is, it has now snapped the towbar off.. is this repairable or have I had my lot..

Have not been brave enough to talk to my local dealer yet cos everyone else is laughing at what I have done..

What has snapped Erskine? If it is just the curved silver ball part, then this is easily replaced, but you should have the rear area checked for any misalignment.

The above only applies if you have the type with a removeable towball and it isn't cheap either - dealer list price is £217!!!

Cheers,

Mike

No... its the bit that the silver bit goes into.. the bit that is attached to the car.. the silver ball thingy is all good... if I had of used that maybe this would not have happened.. he says as he slaps his own wrists..

Blimey - what the heck were you trying to pull?!!

As the part that has failed is steel, you could have a repair done, at a good welders, but I emphasise, you should also get the car checked out too for straightness.

Cheers,

Mike

Update:

Ok, turns out that things are not that bad.. My local Indispension (tow bar people) are happy to fix things for me.. they think it will take less than an hour so they will charge me an hours rates plus parts if needed..

It appears to be the bit that allows the bracket to swing out that has broken off.. silly me for being a silly me..

Back