Towing hook

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

majkel1

Hello,

Is someone of You able to tell me, where exactly the holes for screwing in the towing hook are? Is someone also in possession of any diagrams presenting them and a setting the towing hook? This is because I am going to buy non--Audi hook (it's too expensive) for bikes and if necessary - modify the towing hook, so that I can screw it properly.

Thanks,

Michael

Good luck in your attempt at retrofitting a tow bar.
As far as I'm aware, no-one on the forum has attempted this. People have enquired about aftermarket tow bars - to be fitted by professionals - but these were very expensive as well.
If you do attempt it yourself, a word of caution. With the A2 being aluminium, you will have to be careful with regard to a reaction between the different metals.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a 1.4SE petrol. http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk14.htm http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/safety.htm
New A2 on order. Only a month to go now - Ebony Black, Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

I have a factory fitted tow bar,, I wasn't to pleased about the additional £530 cost of fittment but on close inspection is was worth it.

The rear sub frame has been altered to allow for the fitment of the tow bar, so be warned.. aftermartket fitted ones might not comply with current legislation, this is why they are only fitted at birth with the additional support that they require..

And have a read of your A2's owners manual-I believe some owners report the manual has no mention of fitting a trailer (or says you can't) so fitting an after market towbar may cause problems if you have a warranty issue, so also check with Audi before fitting one to make sure your covered (and get it in writing!).

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back