Toying with going the Maersk Route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jon.od

I am finding myself liking the new A3 mor & more every time i see one, really tempted by the 2.0 TdI DSG, do you really neeed DSG on a Diesel or is it just a flash automatic ?

maersk will be giving away free aircon cleaner with every A3 sold!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

no worries about moving the post.

it`s just an idea i am having have driven the non DSG 2.0 TDi and was very impressed with it, but seeing as the DSG isn`t very many more pennies i quite fancy it as it may benefit come changeover but then again will i get on with it, does anyone have any experience of the box, better still does anyone know of a dealer running one as a demo?

All I've seen of it is the test Top Gear did with a TT fitted with it - even Clarkson was impressed saying it's the best of these systems he's ever experienced. Our smart has an auto clutch system and driving it in manual mode is no different to a manual car, apart from not having to operate a clutch. The gearchange on the smart is quite slow when compared to the Audi - about 0.6 seccs compared to less than 0.2 and you have to change your driving style accordingly - i.e. changing down the box on approach to roundabouts etc, but you soon get used to it. In slow moving traffic they are excellent - no tired left leg ever again. The 2.0TDi DSG is the A3 I am currently being attracted to. If a dealer doesn't have an A3 with the system see if they have a 3.2 TT.

Sat in an A3 yesterday, is it me or is the seat set well in from the side of the car? I was conscious of having to swing my leg well out when getting out of the car.

If nothing else DSG avoids the inefficiencies inherent in a torque converter so economy and emmisions will be lower than a conventional auto.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back