Trade-in and accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

I had some twit drive into my rear offside door this morning-I won't go into detail but his fault.[3]:([37][29][12][11]

Anyway, looks like a new door will be needed. Has anyone had any experience of how a minor accident affects trade-in values?

I will get the main dealer to do the repair, and it doesn't affect any mechanicals of the car, so in theory I can't see why it would affect the value.

But you never know! Any thoughts?

Cheers

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

I think it depends upon the quality of the repair and also the colour of the paint.
Some paints are very difficult to match.....I think black is one of them.
Generally I'd just make sure all the door gaps line up correctly with the rest of the body work.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

I had someone drive into our 3door polo and a complete new door was required also because of the colour the repair centre (VW Approved) had to blend in the colour down the complete side of the car.

The someone paid CASH as they didn't want to affect their insurance, bill was £750.

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey
50% Brighter Bulbs : Audi 6 CD Changer : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System : Chrome Numberplate Surround : A3 Transmission Nets : Heated Mirrors

Yeah, the dealer said they would have to blend the side of the car.

Woman in front of me had a scrape on the rear wing of a 3 door corolla and wanted to know if it would be more than her excess of £150........the estimate was about £850!!!!!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

My neighbours wall fell on my 3 week old avensis when he hit the wall with his caravan. 1 pillar just clipped the bottom of the passenger door making a dent about 2-3 inches across. The bodyshop replaced the whole door because they said it was a new car, if it had been old they would have been told to try a repair by the iunsurance company.

I guess in this case it would not effect value at all as there would be no structural damage.

Had no effect on my last trade in and that car had a completely new rear end - mind you I didn't tell the dealer that!

£921 damage and the other driver has admitted liability. Good job, I would have liked to see him try to wriggle out of that one-he couldn't have been any more in the wrong if he tried!

[24]
Come along Runners old boy
spill the whole can of Heinz!

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
A2 1.4 SE TDI replaced with A3 2.0TDI DSG, the transmission of the future - today.

I was turning right from a main road into the side road he was waiting to turn right out of, onto the main road I was on (with me so far!). Normally I will let people out as it saves you hoiking the wheel round-you can make life a little easier.
Anyway I didn't let this twit out, so I start turning across the front of him. With 2/3 of my car across his bow, he decides to take off.....(note to self-must get an even bigger car as mine is obviously to small to see).

I did swear a bit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back