TT wheels - fit an A2?

I have 17" nine spoke wheels as OE on mine which are the same as the TT, the numbers you need are 7.5J ET38 if they are the same as the ones I have
cheers
Glen

manhattan$ said:
I am sure skipton01 (Mike) has 17" TT wheels on Tank.
Tank is currently wearing a set of TT wheels, 6 spoke 'wing' design, by Speedline of Italy.

They are 7.5J 17" wheels, with a 32mm offset.

Martings: the wheels you have do look exactly the same as the TT 9 spoke wheels, but on the TT, they were only ever supplied in 18" sizes and were 8J width too. The part number was 8N0 601 025S.

Cheers,

Mike

shao_khan said:
So did you buy the set of the TT forum? I see they went to an A2 owner?
Yes, I picked the wheels up on Monday evening. I will get around to fitting them at the weekend, and post up a review.

Phil

Cheers - thought so - seen a good set of Comps cheap, but they got good tyres and being a tightwad I was hoping would be of some use :D

Sorry for not writing sooner but I've fitted the TT wheels on to my car and it now looks really 'mean' with fatter wheels sticking out of each corner. First impressions on driving it are that it now feels much more 'planted' going round corners and perhaps is a little less 'bumpy' although that might just be wishful thinking:rolleyes:

The only downside is that on full lock the wheels are rubbing on the inside of the front wheel arches, and going over bumps the rear wheels are just rubbing on the wheelarches. so, are there smaller tyres available for these wheels which will eliminate my probs? if there are, are there any cheaper tyre options to go for?

Phil

Sorry for not writing sooner but I've fitted the TT wheels on to my car and it now looks really 'mean' with fatter wheels sticking out of each corner. First impressions on driving it are that it now feels much more 'planted' going round corners and perhaps is a little less 'bumpy' although that might just be wishful thinking:rolleyes:

The only downside is that on full lock the wheels are rubbing on the inside of the front wheel arches, and going over bumps the rear wheels are just rubbing on the wheelarches. so, are there smaller tyres available for these wheels which will eliminate my probs? if there are, are there any cheaper tyre options to go for?

Phil

You'll have to post some piccys - I always thought that 225/45 R 17 tyres (i.e. standard TT sizes) would be just that bit too big to even go under the arches - obviously not!

Cheers,

mike

to follow this TT wheels link, I have some brand new TT wheels, they are 16" 7j 31 offset pcd 100 and I wondered if they would fit the A2 if so with what tyres. I have checked the links out but have not found a conclusive answer
any help appreciated
glen

to follow this TT wheels link, I have some brand new TT wheels, they are 16" 7j 31 offset pcd 100 and I wondered if they would fit the A2 if so with what tyres. I have checked the links out but have not found a conclusive answer
any help appreciated
glen

Are those the 7 spoke ones, as used on the cheapo TT front wheel drive?

If so, then yes, they'll fit.

You can treat them as per SE wheels really, so a 185/50 up to a 205/45 will fit.

Should look pretty nice too.

Cheers,

Mike

cheers mike, yes they are those
I was a little concerned that the offset would bring it into contact with stuff and stick out a little
will drop some photos when decided what tyres
thanks again
Glen

cheers mike, yes they are those
I was a little concerned that the offset would bring it into contact with stuff and stick out a little
will drop some photos when decided what tyres
thanks again
Glen

195/50 R 16 tyres would be a good choice, giving a decent ride at a good price, as they're a pretty common size.

Cheers,

Mike

yes that was what I was thinking, the other A2 has the 205 45s on 17" and they look great, ride harsh, but fir the 'gap' well.
I don't think the 205 45 on 16" would look as well on the car, and with that little bigger circumference of the 195 50 I think it will sit nicer as they say.
Do you think they will stick out from the bodywork being 31 offset?
I have had a look at costs and they seem to be around £60 before fitting, not too bad
ta
Glen

The standard 17" sport wheels are 7J ET 38, so the new wheels will have 7mm more inner clearance and stick out 7mm more.

This is perfectly acceptable - Tanks wheels protrude 12mm more than standard and they look just about bob on!

Cheers,

Mike

Back