turbo problem????????

yoldy

hi im a newbee.i have a audi a2 2003 1.4 tdi. the car would rev up properly for about 1 minute then it wouldnt rev past 2500rpm.i put the car in for diagnosis and came back a faulty turbo.i replaced the turbo and n75 valve but it is still the same.there is no fault codes on the car ??????please help!!!

Hello and welcome!
Sorry to hear of your tale so far. Do you still have the fault codes from when you had it in for a diagnostic? Are the same fault codes showing now after the turbo replacement?
Who did the turbo replacement work?

When you say it won't rev past 2500rpm, is that exactly the symptom, or is anything else going on, eg its running really poorly / misfiring/ lumpy tickover, or it will rev beyond 2500 but no power?

It sounds to me as if it's still in limp-home mode, which makes me wonder if you've got a boost leak somewhere. Is the intercooler ok? Any pipes loose, or split, or incorrectly fitted? These can all cause problems.

Incidentally, was there anything wrong with the old turbo when it came off? Was it checked?

turbo????

hi thanks for the reply.i dont have the original fault codes but there were two codes and both related to the turbo.all the hoses are on and in good condition.there was oil coming out of the exhaust and blue smoke.the oil seems to have sopped but its still smokey.there isnt any fault codes coming up now.when first started it will rev up as normal but after a couple of seconds it wont rev past 2500.any ideas??? oh the old turbo had a seized waste gate i freed this off before removal,no change.after removal i noticed slight side to side play on one of the rotors in the turbo.

Last edited:
sorted!!!!

sludge in the tank!!!!!!!!!2nd fuel filter in two weeks.wheres it coming from? would fuel starvation throw up a fault code?

sludge in the tank!!!!!!!!!2nd fuel filter in two weeks.wheres it coming from? would fuel starvation throw up a fault code?

The use of poor quality diesel ( biodiesel can be even worse) will cause filter plugging.
Seem to remember Skipton had similar problems caused by bad fuel and I don't think it triggered any fault codes

Cheers Spike

My problems stemmed from forecourt diesel, but they'd tried to skimp and had mixed a load of old chip fat in the tanks!

It happens, although mine was from a small, non-networked filling station.

Cheers,

Mike

PS No faults thrown up

Back