Turbo problems ?????

Nibrassluka

Past Member
Hi, I have a power problem and before I get ripped off at the stealers I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions. My reliable motor has been intermittently losing power at around 68mph but the last couple of days is doing it all the time and now if i have the slightest incline to get up it really struggles. Local garage has checked the hoses and say they can't see anything wrong but can't go any further with it and to take it to a stealer for diognosis. Im thinking this could be an expensive new turbo :( Can anyone help with info? Anyone know about how much they could be taking off me if I have to go to the local stealers? If anyone knows of someone reliable somewhere other than south wales and the car can be driven distance I will travel just to be dealt with honestly. Thanks

Last edited:
There are quite a few members on here who have vag com, It might be worth finding one near you and getting a scan. That is the first thing a dealer will do.

I know that the Tdi 90s can have problems with the turbo, I think a member had a simular problem a little while back and he got his referbed and that sorted the problem.

It is bit of a treck but stealth racing are very good. Very relible, honest and Vince knows the A2 inside out.

Good

Luck

David

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks Riverlad, I have a 75. I have emailed Skipton01 as im willing to travel if the car would make it! If no luck there I will post and see if I can find a member with VAGCOM, I think there was one in Bristol area.

vagcom

Thanks again David. Checked and there is a member in Bristol with vagcom so I'll keep that in mind. Will also keep stealth racing in mind. Luckily not in a rush as husband only learning to drive and bought him a run around, so at least I am mobile without using my A2.

Don't know what I'd do without this website, it's so nice to have genuine people who will help each other :D

Regards
Alison

Hi
I had a similar issue. There is a MAF sensor on the air intake hose. This can be taken out and cleaned with electrical contact cleaner.

A2O2

This is the second thread this week about turbos etc.

It is getting to be a common problem.

Search the form for turbo problems there is loads of info.

Darren

Mass Air Flow Meter I think.

It is on the left towards the front of the engine. It has two large metal pinch type clips.

Fault found!

Hi
Thought I'd let you all know the problem had been found. The intercooler is cracked and needs replacing. Cost fully fitted £395.00.
Thanks to everyone for your posts.
Regards
Alison

Excellent to have resolution. Boost leak caused by cracked intercooler - we've had a few of those on the forum now.

Back