Typical

JavaGreen

Scotland
Putting the 1.4 petrol (been off road for 12 months) in for mot tomorrow- consequently, been getting it ready and giving it a clean. What happens next😳 the brake lights have thrown a paddy…. looks like the brake switch.. are these still available?

Thanks for your help.

Will wait to see what else it fails on😂😂

Do not like the look of the front suspension- very rusty…. might just get garage to replace front suspension and wish bones etc.

Replaced a number plate light… heck of a job to remove the rusty screws🤬

Replaced the front plastic grill piece with a replacement from Paul👍 Should stop the alarm going off, it has been held closed with gaffer tape🤭

Was going to replace the front discs - did it last year (forgot) so does not require doing. Did not realise until I had jacked up/removed wheel etc.

Have now put in the new A2OC carpets - not the drivers side as probably get dirty with mechanic.

Cheers,
Paul

As expected😢😢

Car failed mot today on:

Brake light switch
rear brake cylinder
rear brake pipes corrosion
Front discs
Both boots perished
hand brake cable snapped during mot😳
both front wishbones 😳😳 screw driver went threw in several places

so…. Told garage to replace everything and whilst at it replace front shock absorbers since they are very rusty.

H,mm I can feel my wallet emptying whilst I typed

Yep that’s a bag of sand at a minimum you’ll be dropping right there sir.

Can’t put a price on sound brakes (and brake lights) and suspension though can you?

MOT tester said ‘why not scrap it, the exhaust will fail soon’😱

Asked him how many 20 year old cars have you seen that is in better condition paint/body wise. Fair point he says, guess repairs it is🤭

I know how it feels when the MOT could cost like a monthly wage, so what I'd recommend is to ask other garages about quotes.
First one gave me a list that was longer than my shopping list, then I took my car away, did some simple DIY, and the next garage give me the MOT, costing around £200.

Back