Tyres and W/Wiper

I had a serious puncture Friday and had to call recovery, the next day spent hunting down a 175/60 r15 tyre qwik fit none, charley browns none, Chemix none, got one and paid £86 which was also the qwik fit price. Can I change the wheel sizes?? Also no car accessory place stocks the 29" Windscreen wiper so looks like I'll have to visit a local Audi. All the savings in tax and fuel costs are being absorbed by repair costs, anyone else feel this way?:confused:

I had a serious puncture Friday and had to call recovery, the next day spent hunting down a 175/60 r15 tyre qwik fit none, charley browns none, Chemix none, got one and paid £86 which was also the qwik fit price. Can I change the wheel sizes?? Also no car accessory place stocks the 29" Windscreen wiper so looks like I'll have to visit a local Audi. All the savings in tax and fuel costs are being absorbed by repair costs, anyone else feel this way?:confused:

If by wheel size you mean tyre size, then yes, you can alter the tyre size fitted to your 15" wheels.

If you do this however, you should only do it per axel - i.e. both tyres on the same axel should be of the same size.

If you plan ahead though and order online from somewhere like MyTyres.com, you can get 175/60 R 15 tyres for as little as £44 for a branded tyre (Toyo). If you go for a 185/60 R15 then that gives you a massively expanded choice.

As for wiper blades, yes you will have to visit a dealer - cost is £14.04 which when you bear in mind that you'll only need one blade, isn't bad at all.

Don't be put off by a bad experience or two - the A2 is a cracking little car.

Cheers,

Mike

Garage costs

I really have not found that my A2 has been expensive for repairs but I have found a brilliant garage who can do all the servicing, diagnostics, repairs etc at a fraction of the price of the main dealer. Its also an MOT test centre so will deal with the lot. Friendly service and no rip offs. If you live in the Bristol are phone 0117 966 3507 Bedminster Road Garage and ask for Brad or Rob. Don't expect to be able to book in your car tomorrow - these guys are good so they are busy.

Back