Tyres for A2'S

Logue1

Hello,

This is my first post, I own a immaculate 2003 1.4 SE. I was wondering if anyone knows the original tyres that they came with from Audi when new.

Currently they have Pirrelli P6000s on and will need changed before winter

any ideas, I like to keep it factory!

:)

Hi Logue1, welcome to the A2oc.
My 2001 tdi came with Michelins but I beleive they have stopped making the 185/50/16 size. Dunlops were also fitted at the time.

Cheers Spike

IF? your A2 has 16 inch rims, I can recommend Dunlop SP9000 205 x 45 x 16, they have excellent rim protection and are easier to get than the standard spec.

This size won't affect your speedo as the rolling radius is the same as the 185 size.

I have just bought a pair and had national tyres give me a "price match" £160 for the pair including everything.

bba

Factory Fit Tyres

In the later years, the default tyre from the factory for SE models was the
P6000 tyre. Despite your desire to keep your A2 as it left the factory, may
I recommend the Continental tyre. It has a "rim protection" ridge of rubber
which will help protect your alloy wheels from being scratched when you park
too close to the kerb.
GBMSU

I have the SE 16" alloys and the OEM tyres were Michellins, they only had one product available at 185x50x16. I have since replaced them with Dunlop SP9000 of the same size. The odd size makes it expensive. I would suggest you take advise from others and get cheaper alternatives on different sizes. I might go for 195x50 next time, other members have had this size and it seems fine. It is slightly higher profile, which might improve the ride a little as well!

Back