V5 Details for TDi

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daveyjp

My V5 gives the c.c. at just under 1400, but the handbook says 1422 c.c. for the diesel. Can someone confirm the cc for the diesel, the threshold for my mileage rate at work is 1400 cc and they check it from the V5. If its wrong on the V5 it will cost me money!

Interesting !

The Audi Germany web site has 1422 as the capacity of the TDI, UK shows 1390. The original (and current) brochures also all show 1422, and my owners manual.

So it looks like a dealer mix-up on your V5 ? ANybody else got a TDI V5 to confirm

Dave

1.6SE

I know that my insurer has the engine size down as 1422.

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

TDI 1422 c.c.
Audi and DVLC
Sorry davyjp!

icon_smile_cool.gif

Why sorry maersk, thats what I wanted to hear - more mileage for me!! - I can now contact DVLA to get the V5 changed.

Just received my V5 and the engine size is shown as 1390, I think a phone call is in order!

Just done a VED search on the DVLA website and it's down as 1422!!

... I always thought that If it's over... let's say 1400cc the DVLA class it as 1.5... I'll have a butchers at my V5 over the weekend.

Az

I have also have the engine size of 1390 on my V5, I guess I need to make some phone calls too??

Lee,
TDI SE,
Dolphin Grey,
6 Disc Changer (Fitted by me)

The DVLA say that the engine size declared on the V5 is that declared by the manufacturer when they first registersd the A2. They are going to pass the information on to another department!

Regarding the VED site where the cc is correct, they say that is run by the Vehicle Clarification Agency and nothing to do with the DVLA, so now we know!

Just had a phone call from the DVLA. They agree that the V5's are wrong and the engine size should be 1422. They are ammending their records and re-issuing the V5 with the correct engine size. They didn't say if this would be done automatically for all 1.4TDI owners, but who knows all you TDI owners may have a new V5 on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back