Vaccom newby

Bumblebee

Plugged in vcds lite.
What should I be checking for scanning for this misfire????

After clearing last P0302 code this is how far I've got

Attachments

• IMG_20221013_173917.jpg
    IMG_20221013_173917.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 75
Just to check, have you added the recommended extra earth wire? Mine had it already when I bought it.
Mac.
Hi Mac. That's new to me. No I haven't.

Where exactly does the extra earth go? Is it to the coils or engine to chassis. Please tell me more 👍

@Bumblebee
Use the Ross-Tech wiki to look these up.

Fault code 16684:

Fault code 16686:
Steve

What's your thoughts on this bit? Is it suggesting to a clear code three times in under 29 seconds to set a new threshold??

To Reset Misfire Adaptions: Clear the 01-Engine fault codes three times in a row in less than 29 seconds "to remove the programed values.

What's your thoughts on this bit? Is it suggesting to a clear code three times in under 29 seconds to set a new threshold??

To Reset Misfire Adaptions: Clear the 01-Engine fault codes three times in a row in less than 29 seconds "to remove the programed values.
That suggestion doesn't apply to the A2 FSI.

Hi Mac. That's new to me. No I haven't.

Where exactly does the extra earth go? Is it to the coils or engine to chassis. Please tell me more 👍
I don't know, just know there's an obviously non OEM wire to the engine. I'll take a look later, and see where the other end is.
Mac.

Extra earth fits between the chassis side of the right engine mount and a suitable bolt on the engine block usually one of the aux belt tensioner locating bolts.
What do you make of my extra wire? On the car when I bought it?
Mac.

Attachments

• PXL_20221014_151651435_1.jpg
    PXL_20221014_151651435_1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20221014_151725029.MP_1.jpg
    PXL_20221014_151725029.MP_1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 76
@PlasticMac
Mac difficult to be 100% but that looks like it is connecting the Wiper motor to the engine block. That is another fix for when the earth connection in the wiper plug corrodes and gives a bad earth. It is not the same as the second earth between the chassis and block.

Well, the EPC light has appeared now, and I will have to VCDS scan to see what code comes on and what's playing up. Got me thinking if it was something that was a bit intermittent previously with the EML showing under hard acceleration / revving and has now officially raised its head or has something else started happening o_Oo_Oo_O.

Will start to look at this when my parts arrive for the suspension bushes, and I start to twiddle the spanners again ;):p

ATB

Wayno

Back