vandals

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerard

just got back from Halfords and noticed that someone 'keyed' the rear hatch whilst we were inside...

the scratch goes from the left side of the rear hatch along to the audi logo

looks like the logo stopped the scratch from going all the way across the hatch...

i guess there is nothing you can do about this kind of thing....

what hurts the most is that there are people who are evil enough out there to do that to someone....

<sigh>

2003 1.6 SE FSI Cobalt Blue & 1968 Dodge Charger

Tell me about it, the back window of my car was shot out with an air rifle whilst parked in my driveway one night.

y54.jpg

It aint a nice thing to see your hard earned cash being abused by others.

[2002] | 1.4 | azure blue | 2 tone leather | concert II single cd.
Member of A2OC site.
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk12.htm

gerard
Yep, another sign of the times, another sign of declining standards. When I was younger I thought about how cool it would be to live for a thousand years (or come back in a thousand) and see what life is like. At this rate I'm glad it'll never happen.

Years ago you could give then a good clip round the lug, but then this sort of thing happened a lot less. Strange how they go hand-in-hand...

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Gerard
One thing you can try to lessen the affects of the scratch is to use a bit of touch paint and gently run that into the scratch allow to dry for 2 mins then apply polish over the paint and to begin with gently rub the polish into the paint work.
Do this as many times as you can make sure you remove the polish before applying the next layer.
Now since your car is 2003 model the paint should be still soft and movable so once scratch has been coloured in by the touch up paint try using abit harder polishing really putting pressure on and do that a couple of time say 2 days after apply the first set of polish and just see how you get on.
I had quite a deep scratch on the rear of my a2 and it managed to remove the majority of the scratch but you do have to work on it over a couple of weeks and it saves spending money at the body shop getting it resprayed;)

Hope this helps!!

Kind Regards

Andrew Simmons Audi A2 1.4 TDI SE Cobalt Blue

A.D.Simmons

Any one know the official colour of the rear spoiler?
Is it just satin black or...........................

yes i two have now had experience of vandals.
Travelling down passed salford keys on a sunday afternoon and some kids aged between 11-14 yrs decided to katapult a large rock into the side of my A2 which they managed to hit as i was travelling by.
They dented and scratched all the middle of the front passenger side door got to hand it to them they had a good aim but when i managed to pull over and find these kids they had already gone.
Looking at my door it was a mess.
Hazel my girlfriend said i took the damage to my a2 rather well but as the afternoon went on the upset felt by having my a2 damaged by "scumbags" as i call them changed and swelled into anger.
Anyway managed to polish alot of the scratchs out by use of my touch up paint.
Took about 5 hrs but can't remove the dent.
Audi said they could gently push the dent out but it would need to be reprayed and they could not garantee a spot on paint match.
Manager said if it was his car he would leave it and just keep polishing the area.
So i too have been affected by vandals makes me wonder why i work so hard to have something nice just to have it defaced by "scumbags":([29][16]

anyway bye for now

Andy.

A.D.Simmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back