VCDS Problem

Madski

Hi

I've got a problem with my VCDS/cable in that if I test the cable initially not connected to the car it shows as being a Ross Tech and working correctly albeit not connected to the car, however as soon as I connect it to my car ( 2005 A2 1.4p ) it shows as 'No interface found' the same is happening on my 2006 A6 TDi. I' using version 908.1 and a ver 704.1 Dual-K & CAN USB cable. I'm stumped any ideas.

Thanks

Mick

Will

Thanks for that but unfortunately that won't work for a USB interface in VCDS only VCDS-Lite ( which doesn't have the option for a usb connection ,only com ports 1-4). I've got a copy of Lite and use that with an old lead and it will just about read the modules but won't recode so I've upped the game to VCDS.

The VCDS test screen has 5 options the com ports 1-4 and a usb option which is the one I'm using.

The interface is recognized when I test it before attaching to the car and also shows up in the usb section of the computers device manager where again it's working correctly .

However when I then plug it into the car to run a test it still shows the usb port as open but the interface not found, if I unplug it the interface reappears. As i said it happens exactly the same on my A6 as well so it seems very strange.

Will

Thanks for that but unfortunately that won't work for a USB interface in VCDS only VCDS-Lite ( which doesn't have the option for a usb connection ,only com ports 1-4). I've got a copy of Lite and use that with an old lead and it will just about read the modules but won't recode so I've upped the game to VCDS.

The VCDS test screen has 5 options the com ports 1-4 and a usb option which is the one I'm using..

I'm using VCDS Lite with a USB interface. Even though the Lite version does not list USB as an option it is possible to configure the PC to use a specific COM port on the USB output.

With the USB cable plugged in go to Control Panel - Device Manager and select the USB interface. Right click and selection options I believe. it is from there possible to force a particular COM port to the USB.

I'm sure I've not explained it very well. So if you;re still having problems I'll trying plugging it in tonight to remind myself what i did.

Will

Thanks for that, the computer recognizes the cable when I first test it and it appears as it should do, it's only when I plug it into the car that it then fails to recognize that there is an interface present, it's not a port problem, it seem that its picking up a signal from the car which is in conflict with the software, I'm beginning to think it may be a wiring fault in the lead.
But cheers anyway.

Mick

Back