VW reveals new 300mpg coupe

Will

A2OC Donor
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/255101/

Volkswagen-2411111339555111600x1060.jpg

Volkswagen is set to steal this week’s Qatar motor show with its latest ‘one-litre car’, the XL1 — a diesel hybrid concept that can deliver well in excess of 300mpg.
The new car is the third concept built to the vision of travelling 100km (62 miles) on a single litre of fuel. The first two vehicles, introduced in 2002 and 2009, used tandem seating, but the XL1 achieves the goal (or at 0.9l/100km, surpasses it) while looking remarkably conventional.

Interesting use of diesel-hybrid, I understand VW wants to do diesel-hybrids whereas Audi wants to go petrol range-extender using the rotary engine from that manufacturer that will trip the rudeness filter!

0.186 cd drag coefficient - cool

The pictures are nice against the Qatar skyline it is a shame most of those buildings are just empty shells!

I worked there last year it is a bit of a soulless place and they all drive like complete loonies! A couple of pictures show their science park where I nearly knocked out my teeth on one of those stupid glass walls! The next day they had to sticker them as I wasn't the only one!

Any way nice car not sure about the rear wheels covered up.

Last edited:
Back