Wanted!! Wiring diagram for 51plate 1.4 petrol A2

mytA2

A2OC Donor
Hello or help
Wanted the wiring diagram for my 1.4 petrol A2 on a 51 plate.

Or does anyone know where I could get a one?

I am looking into the posibilities of doing a 1.8t engine conversion. I'm at the discusion stage at the moment so any information regarding engine loom, fueling, immobiliser, dials would all be useful.

What you need is a full workshop manual Malcolm - take a look at Ebay for ELSAWin (Spike has a few recommended sellers).

The wiring schematics are across several pages, so getting the full manual is the best way to go.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi guys

Humps I have dropped the supercharge plans on basis of cost/results. Also if I required a limited slip diff I have that option with the 02a from the 1.8T vehicles. Come down to the Ace Cafe next week we can talk about the plans. I would be interested in you thoughts. You can also see the donor car.

Mike, I have a copy of the Eliswin, 3?? I'll have a good look through those pages, I just wasn't sure if the information was enough for the transplant.

E.g. getting the donor cars ECU communicating with my gauges, cruise control and diagnosis port.

Thanks for the help.

With any engine transplant, you'll need the engine (obviously!), the clocks and the ECU as a minimum. Keys would also be handy (only really for the transponders, as the blades will be no good, unless you get a full lockset) and a gearbox would be handy too, but you'll need custom mounts making.

If you just get an engine and ECU, you'll not match it to the clocks, as the Immo3 system will not allow it.

ELSAWin 3 should have the necessary diagrams. Try to get a similar model year to your A2 if you can too.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Its all research at the moment.

I have found similar thoughts regarding the transfer of equipment to the new car on other forums. But I have also found information on the Revo web site that says they can disable the engine immobilizer to simplify the transfer.

As regards to the engine mounts you could very well be correct but I'm yet to see a Polo GTI turbo in the flesh. I'm hopping there may be some options of donor parts (mounts).

It has been done, so it's possible.

Regards Malcolm

Yes, it is possible to turn off the immobiliser (Ihave a tool that can do it actually), but it is not to be recommended and would certainly render your car uninsurable in all likelihood (if you disclosed it).

Can it be done? Yes, of course. Can it be done cheaply? Probably not. Will it be worth it? Well, it depends on your needs, but the platform won't be able to lay down the power fully, the economy will be lost and the character of the car will be gone too. It might be a better option to investigate grafting the 1.4TSi engine into it instead.

Cheers,

Mike

Yeah, I've seen the wiring diagrams in ElsaWin too, just that they are bits and pieces here and there. Not entirely friendly for a transplant.

It isn't like older pure mechanical cars, there is so much electronics to deal with making engine transplant difficult on top of mechanical stuff! That's why I'm thinking a small supercharger + megasquirt. It is exactly the issue of immobiliser+clock that I thought would be most challenging.

Someone did a 1.8T conversion in Germany and it had about 150bhp. It looks a tight fit in the engine bay and due to the heavy weight, some beefier front suspension too.

VW has confusing TSI naming again, this year they started calling single turbo TSI as well as twin charged. Anyway, I saw a manual TSI engine in the showroom, I think it is a twin charged. It isn't that big, but there is a black box sticking out behind the engine which could make fitting into the A2 difficult, otherwise it 'looks' possible.

In any case, I would suggest a stronger clutch and 6sp gearbox. The std clutch is not very strong for over 100bhp (FSI has 20mm larger clutch). I'll probably pop down to Ace next week, is it VAG night? BTW, if he turns up, we may hitch a ride in a revo stage 1 Cupra K1 running 315bhp with everything else standard!!

the guy who did the 1.8T transplant was, I think, thinking about offering engine mounts / package for sale. He's Almu on the German forum, drop him a line.

Bret

Back