Warning Lights

jim.c

I Have A Problem With My A2 1.4 Petrol, Just Wondered If Anyone Else Has Had The Problem, First Of All The Abs Warning Light Will Come On, Also The Engine Warning Light, The Engine Will Then Die Until The Fault Codes Are Removed, I Have Now Had This Checked And Been Told Its The Heater Controls, Has Any One Else Had This Problem??????
Many Thanks Jim

Hi Jim
I don't recall any club members having this problem. Also I can't see any logic in activation of the ABS and engine management warning lamps being related to the heater controls.
Where are you located ? If you live near someone with VagCom then a diagnostic scan would provide the precise fault codes which would help us get closer to your problem.

Cheers Spike

hi spike
the car was checked using the audi equipment and all that kept coming up was a fault with heater controls , the throttle body has been cleaned and adjusted, audi have told me that once the new heater controls are fitted then they have to be programed to the car to work, hopefully im not wasting money after money on this, any ideas????
thanks jim

Never had a problem like that with my 1.4. But I cannot imagine a heater control fault will lead to even the ABS light coming on. I suspect a dodgy ECU leading to the dash lit up like a christmas tree.

Just making sure I'm following you 'engine will die until the fault codes are removed' sounds to me like you had something (vagcom?) that removed the fault code and managed to drive for a bit and the same problem happens again? What are the fault codes? Was it the heater control fault code detected everytime the lights come on? if you post the code here, a few members will be able to look it up.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

hi everyone
todat ive used the sykes pickavant diagnostic equipment, if i rev the car up standing still the epc and abs light comes on, when i checked fault code 01314 engine control unit intermittent, also code 17961 elevation sensor signal / intake manifold pressure present... malfunction, i drove the car until the engine management light came on, the fault code was 17550 load determination intermittent... malfunction, the car wouldnt break down though , doesnt sound much like the heater controls though, my car is a 51 plate 1.4 with a single coil pack if that helps
many thanks jim

Back