Watch this space!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nomadix

My wife's A2 Tdi is due to be recovered to A local Audi dealership tomorrow morning due to a power steering failure. The technician plugged into the cars computer but could only find a communications fault and suspects an ECU failure..............it remains to be seen. The car is 2years and 9 months old and has covered 30,000 miles and has recently been serviced..

Nomadix

Well the A2 has been repaired; it was recovered to the dealer in Tetbury on Friday June 25th. and I picked it up on Wednesday June 30th. Audi Assistance brought me a Vauxhall Vectra and took the A2 away; I was not contacted by the dealer so called them on the Saturday when I was informed that they were waiting for parts; the next I heard was when they called to say the car was ready for collection ( I think they wanted the Vectra back, as they have to pay for any hire over 2 days). When asked what the prolem was I was told it needed a new power steering pump, "how much would this have cost ouside of the warranty" I enquired," don't know' replied the lady at service reception, "it's covered by Audi Assistance and they don't tell us what it costs, sign here and here". The passenger rubber mat was missing and was retrieved from the workshop filthy but the receptionist offered to wash it off. the car had been cleaned though so that was nice.
I cannot fault the service I received from Audi Assistance.

Does this make me want to be an Audi customer? quite frankly no! I think the quality of service from V.A.G. has not changed since I last used them in 1997 which made me move to Mercedes.
The low standard of service from the V.A.G. group caused me to move away last time and I will shortly look back on my ownership of Volkswagen/Audi vehicles as quite a sad experience, mainly due to their total lack of customer support which I had already experienced with my last Audi.
I hope you read this, Christian at Audi U.K.Customer Services, you can only pass the buck so many times, many of the companies problems are down to people like you!
I'd just like to know which company you are working for now so that I can avoid them.
V.A.G business strategy -
(i) Build high quality, inovative vehicles
(ii) When problems arise, abandon owner into the questionable dealership network to whom we give little or no support.
(iii) Job done.
(iv) design and build next high quality innovative vehicle
Next...............................

p.s.I don't think Audi are unique in the field of high pricing and poor service, Mercedes and BMW also fall into this category in varying proportions. It seems that the less you pay for a vehicle the better the service you will recieve from the dealer; I have only heard praise from Toyota, Mazda, Honda and even some Vauxhall customers so where do we go from here.............................................................................................................?

Nomadix

I have not had any poor service from Audi yet, but suffered at the hands of Seat, who painted my car the wrong paint code in the factory and took 14 months to NOT acknowledge it.

But the GF has a yaris and i am in awe of the service that toyota provide here with on her first yaris, it was called in for a recall, the car was dropped off as requested a courtesy car provided, and on return it was washed inside and out and a complimentary toyota car care kit provided for the inconvience, and that is why she has just bought another brand new toyota from the same dealer ship.

So one extremely good experience and excellent customer care at services etc has seen two brand new cars and all associating warranty & servicing cost about £25k go through there doors.

Well that`s my two pence worth

A2 TDI Sport Gone but Not Forgotten.

A3 TDI DSG, What do i do with my left arm and leg now ?

p.s. Despite the above, I drove the A2 again last night and still think it is a great car! none of the other mini mpv's come close in refinement.

Nomadix

jon.od

Weird. My SEAT/Toyota experience is the other way round. My SEAT dealer was fantastic and I do wonder why I ever strayed from SEAT, but the A2 was calling, and what a mistake that was (not the A2, but the Audi dealer). Now my present Toyota-I would rate my dealer at a 1 on a good day.

Just shows it isn't brand, but the individual dealer.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

My Seat dealer was very good, just Seat UK are a waste of space

A2 TDI Sport Gone but Not Forgotten.

A3 TDI DSG, What do i do with my left arm and leg now ?

I don't believe it a compliment for Mercedes! Read a few smart owners websites to see how Mercedes dealers treat them! As for Audi - only had to deal with them once and the problem was sorted quickly and efficiently - only broken rear number plate light lenses due to screws corroding, but they called me when they arrived in stock and fitted them while I waited at a time convenient for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back