water inside on the rear floor

minoltaman

Since last weekend when I asked about water into the boot this has become more serious. The car has been stood for a week, I came to use yesterday when it was raining heavy, This morning I have looked in the boot where there is some more water but worse on the passenger side rear footwell there is 1/2" of standing water. Has this come from the rubber bung under the bumper. also since I got the car last weekend the base of the rear seats are soaked. Will these dry out or are they now runined? It has open sky roof fitted. I have phoned the dealer today (sunday) who asked me to contact him tomorrow Monday to book the car in. So if if anybody has had same problems can you tell me what to look for.

Recommend you buy a decent de-humidifier - Autoexpress recommended one last year.

Remove the worst with sponge/chamois/large spoon etc. Then run de-humidifier for 12 hours and see how things progress.

Don't understand how a rear bumper bung can lead to flooding of rear footwells though.

leak at rear

Had problem--dealer solved--there are air extraction rubber flaps low down at rear which distort/perish

As the large vent below the light cluster leaks, it will let in water (a lot of it too!) to the battery area and some of it will run along the floor pan to the rear seat area too.

It is entirely feasible that this is the root cause of the water ingress and would not suspect the roof at this stage.

You can dry things out (they won't be ruined) but they'll keep gettting wet until the seal around the vent is fixed.

Cheers,

Mike

As the large vent below the light cluster leaks, it will let in water (a lot of it too!) to the battery area and some of it will run along the floor pan to the rear seat area too.

It is entirely feasible that this is the root cause of the water ingress and would not suspect the roof at this stage.

You can dry things out (they won't be ruined) but they'll keep gettting wet until the seal around the vent is fixed.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi

I have the same problem with my A2, I have managed to trace the cause of the problem to the rear light, drivers side, it seems to be coming in through there and as you say flows into the battery area. I have managed to soak up the most of the water. Whilst soaking up the water i folded the rear seats forward and place the bars in the holes to secure them, at this point I noticed that there was a pool of water holding in the hole where the bar secures itself.

I have only just purchased this vehicle and have contacted the vendor who claims that he has never had a problem with it. I find this hard to believe and I am extremely dissapointed.

Could you give me a rough idea of how much it will cost me to get this fixed ? Also where would be the best place to get the repair done ? (Audi Dealer ?)

Thanks

Dom

ditto here...

I have had similar problems (actually the battery compartment was completly flooded) - Can anyone explain (love pictures) how to get to thoses rubber seals? - where are they exactly?

I have had similar problems (actually the battery compartment was completly flooded) - Can anyone explain (love pictures) how to get to thoses rubber seals? - where are they exactly?

The seals/vents are below the rear light clusters on each side at the back. To get to them, you'll need to remove the bumper, which means removing the rear wheels and arch liners.

Cheers,

Mike

Back