Water Leaks and Monsoons!

dc2100k

Hello All-

Courtesy of the ridiculous amount of rain we have been having in the last week my little A2 has given up the will to keep the elements out of the interior! I have 2 leaks which I blame on the (nicely designed but ineffective) aerodynamic window seals that A2s have.

Leak 1: Rear Nearside Back window pillar. Plastic drainage moulding underneath the window glass seems to be slightly mis-shapen about 4in from the top and water is seeping into the interior panel and headlining.

Leak 2: Offside Front windsceen pillar. Somehow a whole load of water has managed to get in either at the side or the top corner of the windscreen. Gets much worse when the windscreen wiper is on, as this basically pushes a whole load of water into this area-makes driving rather hazardous.

I have seen there are A2s with problems in the boot well, but could not find any info on these types of leaks. Has anyone had any experience with these? Who might I go to for repair? I have a £60 windsceen excess on my insurance policy but I am unsure if this would cover my problems.

Thanks in advance,

James Corcoran

HI james
leak 2
hit windscreen with hammer :eek: then get it replaced as it might be the glue that they use to hold the screen in has a gap in it so letting in the water
but not to hard:eek:

robin said:
HI james
leak 2
hit windscreen with hammer :eek: then get it replaced as it might be the glue that they use to hold the screen in has a gap in it so letting in the water
but not to hard:eek:

I had exactly this issue on a golf once, next time I saw one of the windscreen companies in a supermarket car park repairing chipped screens I mentioned it to the guy and he sealed the corner that was leaking for me.

Back