We need more people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart_D

Past Member
This is a great forum - it's well used, everyone on it is civil, and you get some good advice, but I think it could be even greater if there were a few more people using it.

Plenty of people join up but only a handful actually make new posts or contribute to existing ones. If you're new, please don't be shy, jump in anytime!

Given the 1000's of A2s sold across Europe, has anyone got any ideas how we can get more people onto this forum?

2001 TDi SE | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD
Have you joined up yet?
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Do you have any figures for how many people visit the forum on a daily basis?

(still boosting my post count by nefarious means...) :D

--
m. Azure Blue 2003 A2 1.6FSI SE with OpenSky, ECC, DIS, Isofix, ERW, Symphony II, Space-Floor-Box, Winter Pack and Auto-Dimming Rear View thingy... Jan 2003 :(

I wish I did but I'm afraid not, I only have statistics for the main A2 Owners Club site.
I'll see if I can start getting them soon.

Have you joined up yet?

I have made a standard letter in Dutch and every time I see an A2 and I have a chance I stick it between the wiper or give it to the person driving it.
On it I have put the logo as used on the page and the adress of the site and the foru:Dm

Jeff Huisman
2000 silver coloured A2 with some options :)

Thank you Jeff, I know that Tiago in Portugal is doing something similar. I'm sure it all helps.

Have you joined up yet?

Hello everybody,
I'm a new member, and I will be collecting my 'new' s/hand A2 on Monday 13th. It's 7 months old, Azure Blue, SE, 5000 mls, climate control, ex demo. I would have bought an A2 a year ago if the idiot dealer who sent me out in their demo had ensured that the car had been set up properly in the first place.Unfortunately the car's engine sounded like a concrete mixer full of spanners and completely put me off. A couple of months ago I tried another one and to my surprise, found it totally different. I now think the first test car was without any sound insulation!
I'm looking forward to Monday! Cheers.

you have good taste in colour :D

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

JohnW-welcome. Who is/was the dealer that sent you out in the poor demo?.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Love the site as well, usually if I have quiery or problem I get an answere within 24hrs, chuffed will try and help others too!

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

I was thinking to do what yoyoman is doing. If we all do this, it actually would be great. Just make a litte paper and put it into your wallet. And when you see an A2 you give it to the owner or put it under his wiper.
I am going to do it.

Some think I am genius,
Others just can't think...

killabee
There was a card you could print off the A2OC once-I think it's still there-may need updating.

Stuart-can you shed any light on this?.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Steve - go to the A2OC website and follow the menu: Image Gallery > Forum Photos
You'll see John Disdale's original flyer there.
The forum address is very out of date though and I would not recommend distributing that.

Does anyone have the skill to change just the forum address to www.A2Forum.net?

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD

Why not issue a screen sticker to any member that makes their first or maybe 10 posings? Other owners will notice it and hopefully come to the site and join in. Don't get me wrong I think the existing idea of getting a sticker for a picture is good, but if others are like me and just find the site by accident, I think it needs more advertising, brand awareness and all that!

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

Stuart,
I've changed the flyer and mailed it to you.

Some think I am genius,

Damn, you beat me to it.[B)] I'd already erased the old addresses and was going to complete it when I got home from work. Won't bother now tho':D

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

The new ad card (courtesy of Ufuk) is now on the A2OC website and follow the menu: Image Gallery > Forum Photos

Thanks for your help in promoting both sites!

Saw your cry for help so I've registered. Not yet an A2 owner, but picking up an Oct 2002 ex demo 1.4TDi SE in Ebony Black with Grey interior sometime this week.

I also own a smart and am a member of the owners club and they have the same issue - loads of registered members, but the same old posters and faces at meets. It's just how it is, but they do a flyer for windscreens which do work.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that there are so many regular users of this forum. I just think it's a shame that the most users that have ever been online at the same time is 13 when there are over 500 registered users!

We do have a flyer which can be found on the A2OC website (www.audi-a2.co.uk), select the A2 forum menu and then select the Forum photos link. The flyer is at the top of this page. It's a bit heavy on ink, so ideally we could do with a new A5 sized (or small) flyer that is not so black/grey.

Any volunteers...Ufuk?!

I'll take a look at it. Maybe I'll create something nice....

Some think I am genius,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back