What a Dipstick!

:eek: Well, I checked the oil this morning, and carefully threading the uber-long dipstick back in, the plastic bit on the end snapped in half with the other half winding up in the oil sump. I dared not drive the car this morning, I was worried the plastic bit would get sucked into the engine and knacker my car. Will I have to drain the oil sump or is there a grille/mesh to prevent bits of crap getting into the pipe from the sump? :confused: Any help much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Fear not - there is a coarse strainer that will prevent the bit of plastic from leaving the sump and causing damage.

My engine has a bit left in it - it's been there for 6 months or so now with no ill effect. It'llcome out next time the car is serviced.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks so much. What a relief! I did however manage to get myself swindled by Audi today who told me there was no grille or mesh and therefore bought a load of fresh oil, sump nut, oil filter and dipstick. £80's worth :( I'll change the oil now and see if the plastic ****ble comes out in the old stuff. Audi did tell me not to come back for a service for a while! :D

Back