What do you reckon to this?

Wouldnt waste my money on it to be honest there are many of these peformance upgrades on ebay some for £5+ Basically a resistor you could buy for 10pence. I would think this is just a similar thing. There was a post on here before about the affects of running one of those resistors.

I'll second Alex's opinion - there are some good boxes out there, but this isn't one of them.

All you're getting is a cement resistor that fools the ECU that the engine is running lean, so it pumps a little more fuel in, boosting output.

Don't bother - you could ruin your engine and you'll certainly reduce it's lifespan.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Nige
If you are looking for an add on tuning box then Tunit always get a good write-up in Diesel Car. You don't get the optimum performance gains obtained from a reputable custom rechip but you can fit it yourself and there is some adjustment for fine tuning the module. You can also take it off if you sell the car. Not sure if there are any good tuning companies in the I.O.M but if you venture over to the UK then Stealth Racing and Awesome GTI come highly recommended from A2oc members
http://www.tunit.co.uk/vehicles-supported.php?reference=Audi&shoppingview=

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike,

I have a similar unit fitted to my A170 CDI which I have used for a couple of years very sucessfully.

I will take it off when I sell it.

Probably slap it on ebay, because I doubt it will be suitable for an A2.

Nige. :cool:

In the absence of any enthusiasm for the above :rolleyes:

I think I will stick with these guys.

They have two websites for two different products.

www.dieseltuner.co.uk

www.dieseltuning.co.uk

I have used the former product on my A170CDI very satisfactorily for a few years now.

I may go with the posher second one this time ;)

If there is any interest I will let you know the results.

As I haven't even got an A2 yet it may be a little time away though ;)

Nige. :cool:

Back