What would u do?

K

kauto star

I just want to get a few views from other A2 owners:

Last month i took my car to Lea valley with TWO problems
(1) the rear door locks werent functioning properely so they needed to be replaced
(2) The car would make a rattle when i went over uneven roads or minor humps.

The result was Audi replaced the rear door locks and the anti roll bar and bushes. (all was covered by warranty direct.) with a total cost of 1056.10
I was also told that my catylitic converter needed to be changed because it was about to go,warranty direct said they did not cover this so, (i opted not to have this done.)

So when the phone call came to tell me that my car was ready the guy gave me a run through of all the things that had been done and this included changing the catylitic converter! I told the guy that i didnt ask for it to be changed and he said that this meant they had to keep it for the rest of the day to put my old one back. ok

Next day i got my car back, the doors worked perfectly the rattle was gone but there was now the EPS and the engine management light on. i told them about this and they said that they needed to keep the car to look over it and investigate.
Two days later i got a call that the lights were now gone the man said that all they needed to do was reset them.
I go to pick up my car, and as im about to drive off both lights return.
I go back in straight away and the guy tells me now they need to keep the car so one of the mechanics can look it over again and drive it home for further study.

2days later i get a call to come in and talk to him and he tells me that they checked the vehicle and it requires a new manifold pressure sensor and throttle body to be cleaned out which will cost £432.77

Ive spoken to some of my work mates and freinds and most people agree with me that all of this is came from the the confusion with the installation of the catalytic converter(maybe something went wrong?). Ive spoken to audi and they are now assuring me that it has nothing to do with that. My argument is that i went there to get two problems sorted out and have now ended up with a bigger one.
Its also noticable when i drive the car because apparently the cars power has been decreased due to the problem.

I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys do u think i should just accept what they say or challenge them on it? i think cos they know im using a warranty company they are trying to get as much money as possible.

has anyone elses manifold pressure sensor or throttle body had a problem?

Really Sorry for the ultra long post!:eek:

kauto star said:
The result was Audi replaced the rear door locks and the anti roll bar and bushes. (all was covered by warranty direct.) with a total cost of 1056.10
How did you manage to get Warranty Direct to pay for the anti-roll bar bushes?? They wouldn't have anything to do with mine, no matter how much I tried.....

Sorry, I dont know much about the other problems.

my inlet manifold pressure sensor went on my car causing it to not run at all, so i would question them to what is actually wrong with the sensor before changing it

GrayB they didnt even hesitate to pay for it, ur not the only one that they have refused i read someone else's post about that as well but thought it was worth a try and they said yes.

cheers for the info omitchell im gonna ask them about that. Haven't got a clue what a manifold sensor is.

The inlet manifold pressure sensor on your a2 determines the load the engine is under and determines how much fuel to put it, when to put it in, when to ignite it and if it's a diesel how high the boost is as well, if this fails on the a2 it tends to lead to complete non running but if it is on the way out it can under/over fuel and lead to poor running

Hi kauto star
Have you made any progress with the two engine problems which magically appeared after a trip to the Dealer

Cheers Spike

yeah they changed the manifold pressure sensor and did a full throttle body clearout. they did clearout free because i practically live there.lol

scan tools...

Are there any places that could scan the On bord computer ? I live in the Us , and here you can get a decen t OBD II scanner , and that would tell you exactly what is wrong with your car...and afterall, they (the scanners ) are not that expensive (aprox $200 +/- a little). There are some auto part stores that would do a oBD scan for free...
I am not sure if the cars in England are OBD II ready ,as the vehicles that we ve got here...(I am on this forum because my Gf has an A2) and...also, not sure what kid of connectors they use in Europe...

Hi asti
The American Vag-Com diagnostic tool is popular over here because the software works just like the genuine Audi workshop equipment. The attached link gives all the details, including the connector type. Some of the independent garages use this but it's difficult to find anyone to do a scan, never mind getting it for free
http://www.ross-tech.com/

Cheers Spike

Back