What's missing in the boot?

glock17

After much searching both in the car and on here I think I'm just missing the jack (managed to crop the space where it's missing from out of the picture).

Is it just the jack or is there anything else?

Any ideas/suggestions where I could get one or will any old jack do?

TIA

glock17

Last edited:
Hi glock17
Unfortunately your pic just missed off the key area.
The attached photo of the boot layout is from the gallery. The only difference is for cars equipped with the Bose amp, the jack is under the floor in the drivers footwell, or so I thought until I compared this with your pic.
http://www.a2oc.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=444&c=30

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Unless you have a towbar fitted, then all apears as it should.

The space above the wheel brace is where the removeable tow ball goes.

Cheers,

Mike

you could get a small bottle jack from halfords and where the origenal jack goes there is a hard rubber circle under the sill it is where you put the pads to lift the car when on a two post ramp so it mite be cheeper than going and geting one from the dealers
ive got bose and my jack is in the boot at the right hand side
cheers
robin

Last edited:
spike said:
Hi glock17
Unfortunately your pic just missed off the key area.
The attached photo of the boot layout is from the gallery. The only difference is for cars equipped with the Bose amp, the jack is under the floor in the drivers footwell, or so I thought until I compared this with your pic.
http://www.a2oc.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=444&c=30

Cheers Spike
I have bose, The jack is at exactly what this picture shows. The bose subwoofer is at where the tools, tyre pump, foam bottle are, they have been shifted to under the driver's footwell.

where is the jack etc.

Hi all, I have a bose unit in my boot! jack is also there, but!! wheel brace locking nut etc are under drivers seat,this as you can imagine is crap design! what I did to overcome the problem,purchased another wheel brace also another( wheel locking nut)and now store them in space saver wheel much easier to get at now,everything in one place, ie the boot, Cheers Alan.

Thanks.

May try the H*lfords one.

Underneath the dirver's footwell is empty apart from a stereo connection.

Out of interest; will any other Audi jack fit as there are a few on ebay at the moment (A3, 80, Quattro)?

Missing jack? Sunglasses holder

Thanks.
Have sent a message to see.

Two better pics. Is it just the jack missing?

Anyone tried the Sunglasses Holder from Vagparts? Thinking of taking off the grab handle above the drivers' seat and putting one in.

Last edited:
Picture of Jack and Part#

Could someone post a picture of the jack and the Part Number please; wondering if maybe A3/Lupo may be the same.

Thanks.

What's the space next to the wheel brace for?

boot001.jpg

Do I have something missing?

Also the space above the gunk?

See post 5 in this thread. The other space is where the bracke for the spare wheel goes - you'll see the captive nuts at the bottom.

Cheers,

Mike

Jack Part No. is 8Z0 011 031 A

Thanks for the immediate repy Mike! (does that mean that you have to make holes in the boot cover floor if you have a spare wheel?)

(and sorry for posting before you got a reply to your question glock17 - jack part No. listed above as per the jack in my car).

Graham

Thanks Graham.
I picked up a jack on Ebay, think it was the one listed by another poster for around the £15 mark.

Fitting the spacesaver was a nightmare, there is nowhere for the screws to go into in my boot, the holes are smooth. I fixed it with a same thread nut and lots of epoxy resin!
Looking at your pics, you won't have that problem.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3426

Cheers

glock17

Last edited:
Thanks.
Have sent a message to see.

Two better pics. Is it just the jack missing?

Anyone tried the Sunglasses Holder from Vagparts? Thinking of taking off the grab handle above the drivers' seat and putting one in.

glock17, I have one of the sunglasses holders, im sure I posted it in the mods section.

Thanks
Alan

I dont have the compressor and just priced it from the stealers at an amazing £65 Plus VAT! :eek:
Would I be better with a compressor from Halfords for a cheaper price and stash it under the floor at the drivers footwell?:rolleyes:
I was just given a tin a tyreweld rather than the bottle of 'Tyre mobilty system' is there any differance?:confused:

anyone have an idea how much the spacesaver wheel fitting bracket kit costs all in?:eek:
thanks all again

Roy

Back