Whats the difference???

jamjia

Between Symphony, Chores and Concert??? Then there are concert 2 and so on... Please could someone clear up the confusion for me? THank you!!!

Jia

Chorus 1 : can't controll CD-changer /with kassette
Chorus 2 can controll changer /kassette

Concert 1 has Traffic-memory RAM can controll the CD-changer and with cassette and may be a bit a better quality, but I am not shure about.

Concert 2 is with CD instead of cassette.
Symfonie is twice as high! uses double-DIN space (or about) and holds 6 CD's inside

All No. 2 are with CAN-bus-interface and the older No.1 ones has NO CAN-Bus interface.

hope it helps

erstens

Last edited:
Hi Jia
Chorus is the standard fit radio-cassette in all base and sport models
Concert started life as a radio-cassete and was standard fit in SE models. Concert 2 now has a single front loading CD
Symphony is a double-din unit with cassette and single front loading CD
Symphony 2 is similar but with a 6 CD changer, loaded via the front slot.
All '2' head units have significantly different (can bus) wiring and are not easily interchangable with the previous versions. I think these were introduced from mid 2001.
Check the gallery for pictures of most models as suggested by stand alone complex

Just posted my reply and noted erstens has beaten me to it.

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
hi guys,

well got my car today, and its a chorus 2 with a 6 cd changer at the back. is there any performance differences between the chorus and the symphony 2??? or say the concert? which one is the better stereo? thanks guys.

The difference:
I am not exactly shure about, but if you take a look at the amolifier inside the Chorus 1 and concert 1, it looks exactly the same. so it could be, that these twoo are the same stereo quality. But I thought (as I changed them) that the concert is a little bit better than the chorus but I could be wrong. It was only my impression and I had shorter black-outs (2/10th of a second, you don't here anything, because of the missing antenna-diversity). My feeling was, that this short periode of time (this happenes once a week, not every day) was shorter with the concert, but scince a few weeks (now I have a second/different concert installed) I think there is no diffenrence, but maybe this does not happen so often as with the chorus.
I coud take a look into the descripten of both radios, but don't have them within the distance of 3 yards now :)

erstens

Back