wheel bearing?

steveo237

can anybody help?
I have a squeal coming from the front drvers side wheel.
had a look at the brakes first, but on closer inspection the noise seems to be coming from the bearing area. I always thought worn bearings made a grinding noise:confused:? Could it be something else? has anybody else had this problem?

steve
(steveo237)

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum, I'm in Sheffield too.

I have had a squeel / grind when a road chipping from when the council just put loose chippings on the road and allow the cars to run them into the tar.

The chipping often get stuck between the disc and the back plate. you have to remove the caliper, and disc to get them out.

Check the posts on changing discs, as there are a couple of things to be wary of.

Nick

Thanks for that reply Nick, I will have a look as I am certain now it is not the bearing as the noise has become intermitent.

thanks again:D

steve

Latest on wheel squeal. bounced over a pothole and noise has gone (for now!!:D) so still in dark as to what problem was.

Steve

Latest on wheel squeal. bounced over a pothole and noise has gone (for now!!:D) so still in dark as to what problem was.

Steve

Most likely to be a stone chipping as Nick suggested.The bump over the pothole probably dislodged it.

Cheers Spike

Back