Where does the vag com cable go??

Ren

1st of all what a great little forum this is!!! iv been reading on and off, undercover for a while now but decided to sign up as i thought it would be rude not too..

Iv managed to get hold of a Vag com cable but was wondering were to plug it in??? Im not very car minded, just drive the things, but im looking to chane all that by doing my own little odd jobs from now on..

Also iv managed to change my Climate control unit from Celcius to farenhiet but not a clue how iv done it , could i switch that back over with the cable and laptop or could i do it it the car itself as thats were i must of switched it over in the first place.

Thanks

Ren

Sorry but not sure if iv put the right thing up, as my cable is a obd-2 cheap thingy from ebay, is this the same as a vag com as iv looked were you said but unable to find anything were my cable can plug into, sorry if it sounds a little dumb but i really am a rookie at this sort of stuff.

Thanks

ETA
Sorry iv just googled it and the 1st aswer came up with this http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...on-Where-is-the-VAG-com-(OBD2)-port-on-the-A2

Just been and looked again (as there was a piccy on there) and theres a hole there but no connection points.??

Im sure that iv seen it before down there, purple im sure it was, now my dad changed my brake light switch last year and said he struggled getting the main plastic cover on and off, which the switch is situated behind... Is it possible that he could of tucked the connection port away for ease of installing the plastic cover or should it be fixed/housed kinda thing???

Last edited:
Hi Ren,

If you use a torch, look somewhere between where your right ankle and knee would be. You'll see the 15 pin diagnostic port.

The above said, most of the cheap cables aren't worth even spending the time to install the software.

Good luck

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Iv looked again and since spoke with my dad, he cant remember so im waiting for a bit of dry weather and going to take the pannel off and see if i can find it.

Im only looking to turn my service lights off etc, do they even do anything at all or shouldnt i even bother???? have you a link for a pretty cheap reliable one that works??

Thanks

Ren

Back