where have all the old threads gone ?

gjp33

seems like a lot of older threads have dropped off all the forums ?

what's going on ? - altering the view options to include all posts makes no difference for me ?

Threads older than one month are archived, this saves space on server and keeps the forum tidy. However they are still available within the archive folders which are visible on the right handside with an 'A' on them. You can also use the searh function to search within the archive folders.

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

oh - I did try a search with the archive option on, but it timed out with a script error.

thanks for the info - I did wonder whether they were archived, but couldn't find how to access them.. you know what they say about the best way to hide something is in plain view :eek:

Hey Gary
your not the only one i could not find the archived
stuff either but thanks to you and Scott im now gonna be up all night reading all them old threads LOL !!!!

A2avatar.jpg

just wondering out loud - is it necessary to archive threads so soon ? Fair enough if server space is *that* limited, but once they're archived, they're locked and cannot be replied to. I've moderated a large forum (no.305 on Big Boards) for 6 years and often threads are updated at a later date for various reasons.

It's possibly not 100% necessary but the DB is 51MB now and so does keep things running smoothly.
Plus don't forget that everything is still very much accessible.

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

To add,

The current forum is Access DB based and not sql, therefore keeping the DB small is pretty vital for Snitz. If drn fancies having a go at translating it to sql then you could basically do away with archiving.

Kaine

Back