Which oil for long life service?

A2Look

Hi all

Now that Audi are using Castrol Edge, which specific Edge type of oil is used for the Long Life variable service? I have a 1.4 TDI 90 A2.thanks

I been advised before that Valvoline SynPower XL-III 5W30 is supposed to be good.

Anyone use this or have comments?

Hi keez
I checked the Valvoline oil spec and it does meet the latest VW 504.00 and 507.00 standards for petrol and diesel engines. Valvoline are capable of making very good oils but the only reason I keep plugging Castrol Edge is because Castrol jointly developed the longlife oils with Audi and probably know more about what works in our engines than any other oil company.

Cheers Spike

On the topic for oil - is it normal when you check it, it has a blackish colour instead of a dark brown colour im normally used to?

castrol edge longlife 3 5w30 is this a fully synthetic oil or semi synthetic.

I've looked on the website and all it says is its compatible with VW 50700.

Quite a few people swear by Millers XF, but this seems very expensive in comparison to the Castrol and was wondering whether the Castrol is only semi-synthetic?

Pretty sure it said full on the castrol, just looked on my shell bottle and that is fully sync so guess it is the same.

Thanks.

I'm going to have a look in Costco as others have mentioned on here they do Castrol, so we'll see if it is the new compliant VW spec Oil.

Back