White tab on front bumper

Edwrai

I have noticed that the white tab on the front bumper on my yellow car is broken causing the part behind the front headlight isn’t flush, is this a replaceable part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole of the white part is missing? Perhaps one of our breakers could remove it from a bumper for you if that is the case. Can someone 3D print a replacement or repair piece @depronman

The whole of the white part is missing? Perhaps one of our breakers could remove it from a bumper for you if that is the case. Can someone 3D print a replacement or repair piece @depronman

Is it removable, or is it a part of the bumper?

Not 100% but given it is always white regardless the car colour, I think it is a separate part that is bonded / welded onto the bumpers. Do you have any of it? Where it is missing can you see any signs of how that part was fitted?

You are talking about item 1 in this picture?

1578747470026.png

IMG_20200111_152221.jpg

IMG_20200111_152240.jpg

IMG_20200111_152316.jpg

A better picture or pictures.
Not sure if they handed.
Looks like they just pop out, didnt want to try that with this one, its not a bad bumper so would be a shame to take them off but im sure someone with a knackered bumper could provide one.

Best to try an get some from a damaged bumper, they may just unclip but do not be surprised if they are glued / welded in. Think they are handed. May be worth trying on Market place to see if someone has a complete damaged bumper say from a frontal that is going cheep, really you only need the ends to use the white clips perhaps even a scrappy may have a bumper just sitting there. They may also be fitted to other vehicles but doubt it.

Best to try an get some from a damaged bumper, they may just unclip but do not be surprised if they are glued / welded in. Think they are handed. May be worth trying on Market place to see if someone has a complete damaged bumper say from a frontal that is going cheep, really you only need the ends to use the white clips perhaps even a scrappy may have a bumper just sitting there. They may also be fitted to other vehicles but doubt it.

@A2Steve do you have any damaged bumpers knocking around?

I don’t unfortunately mate, haven’t got the room to store the good stuff sometimes never mind the damaged bits.

I have a bumper outside which I removed Votex from. It was in perfect working order so will look in the morning g as it’s outside in the rain.

If I can remove the part I’ll send it out tomorrow or Monday.

If you’re interested please send me a PM with delivery details.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi,
I still have my old bumper lying out the back. Had a look there now. It is clipped in at the closed end too, see pics below.

Screenshot_20200111-214024_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200111-214047_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200111-214129_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200111-214145_Gallery.jpg

So to me it looks like you either:
a. Lever the end with white tab free by releasing a minimal number of edge clips, release the white retaining tab and wiggle it all out, or
b. Remove the entire section that encloses the tab and replace. You will need to plastic weld or epoxy the stakes in the middle.

What side do you need?

John

I have a bumper outside which I removed Votex from. It was in perfect working order so will look in the morning g as it’s outside in the rain.

If I can remove the part I’ll send it out tomorrow or Monday.

If you’re interested please send me a PM with delivery details.

Kind regards,

Tom
I buddy I completely missed this! If you have this it would be very useful for me.

Hi,
I still have my old bumper lying out the back. Had a look there now. It is clipped in at the closed end too, see pics below.

View attachment 60450

View attachment 60451

View attachment 60452

View attachment 60453

So to me it looks like you either:
a. Lever the end with white tab free by releasing a minimal number of edge clips, release the white retaining tab and wiggle it all out, or
b. Remove the entire section that encloses the tab and replace. You will need to plastic weld or epoxy the stakes in the middle.

What side do you need?

John
Sorry I completely missed updates on this thread, I need the drivers side one

Thats the driver (RHS) one I took off. PM me your address and I'll post it over to you.
John

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I buddy I completely missed this! If you have this it would be very useful for me.

Evening,

No problems. I still have the bumper and will remove it tomorrow evening.

PM me your address and I’ll send it on it’s way all for the small cost of postage which we can sort later on.

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening,

No problems. I still have the bumper and will remove it tomorrow evening.

PM me your address and I’ll send it on it’s way all for the small cost of postage which we can sort later on.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom however John has already offered, thank you very much however, can’t wait to get my bumper looking flush again

Back