Wind Deflector/ Drivers who smoke. Yes, i know.

Phil_B

So, I smoke. Not a lot, but occasionally in the car.
The Audi A2 annoys me.
My Rover 800 Coupe, and both 4 door cars I have smoked in, window cracked to draw the smoke out when driving.
They still smell like new inside. Especially the Coupe. Zero sign of smoke smell or residue.

The Audi A2. Smoke while driving in that the same way, leave window open for another 10 mins or longer while driving.
The following morning car smelt of cigarettes. Made me mad.
Do the wind deflection aides help, or is it generic problem?
I did see a post in my search about a plastic cover strip near wing mirror to eliminate that damned awful drumming you get from wind buffeting.

Welcome your opinions and options.
Except stop smoking.
I would actually be dead if I didn't smoke.
Lighting a cigarette saved my life on 2 occasions!!!

As we also Cycle we often get the waft of Cigarette Smoke when we are out on the road. We suggest that if those who Smoke enjoy it that much then they should keep their Windows Shut for their maximum pleasure ! 😋

So, I smoke. Not a lot, but occasionally in the car.
The Audi A2 annoys me.
My Rover 800 Coupe, and both 4 door cars I have smoked in, window cracked to draw the smoke out when driving.
They still smell like new inside. Especially the Coupe. Zero sign of smoke smell or residue.

The Audi A2. Smoke while driving in that the same way, leave window open for another 10 mins or longer while driving.
The following morning car smelt of cigarettes. Made me mad.
Do the wind deflection aides help, or is it generic problem?
I did see a post in my search about a plastic cover strip near wing mirror to eliminate that damned awful drumming you get from wind buffeting.

Welcome your opinions and options.
Except stop smoking.
I would actually be dead if I didn't smoke.
Lighting a cigarette saved my life on 2 occasions!!!
It's worth trying having one or both of the rear windows open. That seems to reduce the helicopter/drumming effect and might help to direct the smoke out of the car.

It's worth trying having one or both of the rear windows open. That seems to reduce the helicopter/drumming effect and might help to direct the smoke out of the car.
Thanks. Will try. I never smoke indoors at home. And like the fact my Rovers are "smoke free". They smell awesome.
If it doesn't work, I won't smoke in it.
Will have a passenger to watch the path of the smoke when I test it out.

Wind deflectors are also very good at allowing airflow, without letting any water in from rain or when using the windscreen washers, without them if the window is even slightly open, water is encouraged to flow all over the door switches, door handle and trim, very annoying for me personally, as watermarks are tricky to clean from a soul black interior.

Last edited:
I would really like wind deflectors for my car. What should I buy, and how do they fit?

Back