windsceen washers

windscreen washers

After the recent thread about the A2's horn which i have to agree sounds like it came from a noddy car but what do people think about the windsceen washers?

My personal opinion is that they are total **** and appear to be a new design for the sake of it as i have never saw the likes before. I have gave up trying to adjust them as they either fire the fluid over the roof or at the first inch of the windscreen with no happy medium meaning that the blade is scratching back and forwards until the screen gets eventually wet as i use half the bottle a time. What was wrong with the good old tried and tested washers that you easily adjust with a pin??

Don.

Last edited:
Can only agree with you about the horn. It might be less embarrassing to have an accident than push it!! At least it should not be too difficult to put a real one in.

Fan spray is pretty useless - as is the single wiper - but I guess that is part of the price you pay for the design of the car.

Mike

personally I found the floppy wiper and associated washers very good!!! and very rarely used it on anything other than intermittent wipe.
I always clean my screen after washing the car with a vinegar soaked cloth, wiper blade as well, works a treat, you'd be surprised at the crud that comes off a washed wiper blade, try changing the blade every 6 months as well, makes a whole heap of difference. And I agree the jets are a bit of a b*gger to adjust but once done you shouldn't need to touch them again.

tdiman said:
personally I found the floppy wiper and associated washers very good!!! and very rarely used it on anything other than intermittent wipe.

And I agree the jets are a bit of a b*gger to adjust but once done you shouldn't need to touch them again.

Have to agree with tdiman - I find that the floppy wiper covers the screen really well and that the washer jets are at least satisfactory. My jets were misaligned when I collected the car, covering only the bottom few inches of the windscreen, however since adjusting them with a pin - the screen coverage is now very good. :)

have to agree with tdiman and darren that the floppy wiper is very good allthough i use rain x on the windscreen and it works very well in the rain

cheers
robin

you could of course "upgrade" to standard twin-jet jobbies....

I use Rain-X too - excellent stuff. Magic on long trips through rain-soaked sweden - no "swish-swup swish-swup swish-swup" , just little beads racing to escape :D

Bret

what about mixing a little rain x into the washing fluid? So that a little is constantly applied when we spray the windscreen???

jamjia said:
what about mixing a little rain x into the washing fluid? So that a little is constantly applied when we spray the windscreen???
Rain-X needs to be applied to a clean dry window to work effectively, so adding it to the washer bottle is a bit of a non-starter!

Cheers,

Mike

Rain x do a washing fluid for the washers but i found it diden't make much difference to the capablity of the beeding effect on the windscreen you still have to redo it with rain x every 4 weeks also

cheers
robin

Back