Wiper Blade

fordy

Just thought I would ask where the best place to get a replacement floppy blade from now that VAGParts have closed?

Thanks, Ethan

New Style Aero or standard pre 2003?

Standard:- There is a few on Ebay.

Aero:- Stoke Audi or your local stealer

I guess I have a the new style aero as I have an 04/2004. I wasn't sure if my main stealer would be an expensive option.

Cheers, eef

You will find stuff like this tends to not to bad from the dealers, my old style one was only £11, i think the new style one is about the same or a bit more but i think stoke audi are offering discount give them a PM

Cheers Phil

nice1 Phil, I think I will look into it. Unless Stoke Audi give incredible discounts and free P&P, it will probably be cheaper to go to my local stealer. Thanks again, eef

Anything is worth a shot and yes it would have to be a good discount to stop you going to your local dealer, but check your local dealer as a reference

Cheers Phil

Hi, bought a new floppy wiper blade last week from Teesside Audi for just less than £14. For a Bosch blade this is a bargain! The Aero twin blades for my MX-5 (2 x 18") were £26 in comparison. I have also found the dealer to be reasonably priced for antifreeze and oil. Once you add in postage etc the dealer will probably be cheapest (can't believe I just said that ;))

Cheers,

David

Once you add in postage etc the dealer will probably be cheapest (can't believe I just said that ;))

Cheers,

David

Hi David
My nearest dealer is also Teesside Audi but its a 60+ mile round trip so fuel costs alone are about a fiver. Factor in mileage related costs like tyre wear and servicing and mail order can be a lower cost option, particularly if the Dealer offers discount or free postage. Depending on the circumstances I still use both options but over the last few months have generally found mail order was favourite.

Cheers Spike

You're right Spike, I am in the lucky (;)) position of living 15 minutes walk from Teesside Audi, which is very handy. I had also looked online and could never find the blade stocked anywhere? Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Good point made though! I forget sometimes that there aren't as many Audi dealers as I think.

David

Back