wow....

Naz2k5

So yesterday im driving along and hear a slight rattle driver side in the front. Thought it was some loose plastic and said ill check it when i have time. Today i'm leaving from Pizza Hut and the steering wheel is vibrating, also didnt think to much of it. Im driving and the vibration gets stronger and stonger till the whole car is shaking. Now im worried, luckily my uncle has a garage round the corner so i quickly took it there, but boy was i in for a shock. We take the hood off the car and the engine has actually fallen through the whole car and is being held on by a few pipes:eek:. The cambelt had been uncovered and was slowly wearing away against another piece of metal and LUCKILY i just got there in time. I'm still in a state of shock but will soon upload the pics of my car on jack with the engine out of the bottom:mad:

that is scary, very glad to hear you found it out before anything too bad happened. Good luck!

Naz,
I am curious to know more :confused:
Which model do you have ? How many miles ? Have you had anything major done in or around the engine bay at all ? How long have you had it ?

Cheers

Basically the engine is appernlty held up by 3 major screws. One of these was broken way earlier, before i bought it (March this year). The other one gave way and so i herd the vibration, then the last one didnt take long to give way and thus the whole car started shaking. Ive got the 1.4 tdi SE 53plate. Dont think theres any major damage done to the car before, theres a knick on the bumper but thats just more of a scratch. Also while at the garage saw a really nice audi A4 1.9 Tdi, 02 plate, 50,000 miles for 6500 which sounds really good right about now!:rolleyes:
thanks,
Naz

Just went to see sharkbait in intensive care...he should be alright just waiting for a couple of bolt to remount the engine n all good. He got a new cambelt and cover but the damage wasnt as bad as first thought, really lucky!!:D

Naz Glad to here you got this sorted i feared for your A2's
life i thought it may have been condemmed .....

Back