write off :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

juniorbeep

hi all. sorry to say that my A2 got smashed into by a woman driving an MGF and is going to be a write off claimed through her insurance. Curious to hear people's opinion as to how much I can hope to get for the car and what I should try and push for... any advice greatfully received :)... specs of car below

A2 1.6 FSI Sport March 04 plate
Sat Nav plus
Climate control
metalic paint
winter pack
front fogs
6 cd changer
12,000 miles

Are there any parts that can be taken from the car (eg. CD multi-changer etc.) or does the insurance company have to have it in it's entirity?

Sorry to hear of your accident.
As the car is less than a year old and if if you are the first registered keeper you should be entitled to a replacement car of the same spec - which might be interesting now that the 1.6FSi is defunct.
The other option is to take the money the insurance offer instead of a new car - but this usually works out less attractive financially.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Hope you are ok.

Was the samsh a bad one, or just bad enough for an economical repair?

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now a Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

A friend works in fleet and they apply the following formula when dealing with insurance companies.

Vehicle value + 10% is the ammount they ask for, they know they will be negotiated down and end up at what they wanted in the first place.

My advise is take a dealer figure and add 10% then request this, the insurance company will just make a derisory offer to you at first in the hope you will accept a meagre pay out if you let them make the first move.

Good luck negotiating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back