Quirky cars?

Morning all,

Here's a few shots of each of the quirky cars I've had over time. They may not be as unique as some of the above examples but I truly enjoyed tinkering with them and bringing them unto a very high standard prior to selling:

Saab 900 Turbo, engine highly modified:
DSC00864.JPG

DSC00866.JPG

DSC00867.JPG

DSC00868.JPG

Jaguar XJS 5.3 V12 HSE with TWR Bodykit:
DSC02661.JPG

DSC02663.JPG

DSC02664.JPG

Saab 900 Carlsson completely restored to a beutiful factory condition, really regret selling this:
DSC01861.JPG

DSC01860.JPG

DSC01864.JPG

There must be plenty more great classic/iconic/quirky cars out there. Im quite enjoying this thread, brings back memories from travelling around spotting weird and wonderful cars when I was a mere youngster in the back seat.

Kind regards,

Tom

OK, I'm starting to run out of quirky cars I've owned now... just a couple to go, including this one (again, not the actual car, mine was 60s orange and was quickly named the 'squashed baked bean'. Mates can be so hurtful at times!!

1601229661672.png

OK, I'm starting to run out of quirky cars I've owned now... just a couple to go, including this one (again, not the actual car, mine was 60s orange and was quickly named the 'squashed baked bean'. Mates can be so hurtful at times!!

View attachment 70467
Mini Marcos ..I knew jem marsh I had the 3 litre Volvo Marcos old picture of mine the girlfriend and sister ..long time ago ? 43years ?
B368EE21-DD50-4FAD-9AE8-22DF928B5097.jpeg

Last edited:
Morning all,

Here's a few shots of each of the quirky cars I've had over time. They may not be as unique as some of the above examples but I truly enjoyed tinkering with them and bringing them unto a very high standard prior to selling:

Saab 900 Turbo, engine highly modified:
View attachment 70418
View attachment 70419
View attachment 70420
View attachment 70421
Jaguar XJS 5.3 V12 HSE with TWR Bodykit:
View attachment 70422
View attachment 70424
View attachment 70425
Saab 900 Carlsson completely restored to a beutiful factory condition, really regret selling this:
View attachment 70426
View attachment 70427
View attachment 70428
There must be plenty more great classic/iconic/quirky cars out there. Im quite enjoying this thread, brings back memories from travelling around spotting weird and wonderful cars when I was a mere youngster in the back seat.

Kind regards,

Tom
Love the old Saab’s I’ve had several in my early years ? I worked for Saab aircraft for a couple of years early eighties .

Nice collection from @Birchall there.

What's the big muscle beast with the arches?

I can't quite get on board with electric yet; I love the technology but really don't believe it's the environmental panacea that it's being pushed as.

Nice collection from @Birchall there.

What's the big muscle beast with the arches?

I can't quite get on board with electric yet; I love the technology but really don't believe it's the environmental panacea that it's being pushed as.
That was a Granada, we fitted the X pack wide-body kit, removed the handles and fitted remote “poppers” and it had a Rover V8 power plant (tuned).

Steve B

Back