1. E

[1.6 FSI vs 1.4] - Common bits and parts.

Hi all, Calling @A2Steve and @Clackers and all the knowledgeable people on here. I have found a 1.4 A2 that is being sold for parts in Cyprus. Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/227590246070391/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner I...
  2. E

[1.6 FSI] - GKZ Gearbox Clutch/Bearing Problem

Hi all, I have had the car back on the road for 2 weeks and now it appears that the release bearing is shot. There is a horrible screeching noise when depressing the pedal when in neutral. Goes away when released. Am I right in thinking that I have to do both clutch and bearing in one go...
  3. StefanoP

VW Group engine like a 1.6 FSI...?

Hello all, I hope that you are all well in your country, here in Italy we are still a bit worried but things are apparently not as bad as they were in March. I'm asking if anyone knows if other car(s) in the VW galaxy did fit an engine similar or identical to our beloved (sarcasm here) 1.6 FSI...
  4. E

[1.6 FSI] - Tie Rod Replacement

Hi all, I just can't get a break with this car. Took it in to get the alignment sorted but the front tie rod inner uni-joint is shot. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace with the steering rack in situ? Regards, Evros
  5. M

Am I Mad........?

Well hello all..... I I've always been a fan of the A2 and upon trying one earlier in the year I decided to take a leap of faith. ... So I have just purchased the following vehicle without even seeing it for £1200 http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121482008960?nav=SEARCH I know it'll need the...
  6. E

Catalytic Converter part

The 'middle' cat on my A2 needs changing and the independent garage that I use is having trouble getting hold of the part for a 1.6 (apparently the part for a 1.4 is different?) They suggested ringing Audi and getting the part myself and then my garage can fit it but Audi have quoted me about...
Back