alternator

1. tuizner

Alternator Leading to Misfire on 2?

I only just last week bought into the A2 family with a 2000 1.4 petrol AUA and just over 100k. I can say its been an interesting few days. So - I have a misfire on cylinder 2. Typical ( in as far I have read ) issue in that it happens generally on idle. Have replaced plugs and coil...
  2. E

[1.6 FSI Stray Earth Cable] - Cannot find where cable attaches to.

Hi all, I've just gone through a tonne of servicing on the A2 and after putting it all back together I cannot find where the following cable attaches to: it is the cable that runs from the alternator to an area near the starter. I cannot find where it used to be so any 1.6 owners, can you...
  3. Phil FSI

To keep or not to keep worn parts

My FSI is having a new alternator fitted today. Battery light came on last week followed by various terrifying symbols and BLEEPS coming from the DIS regarding brakes and steering, by the time I got home I could barely move the steering. Was driving in the old days really that hard work ...
  4. L

Alternator belt change on Audi A2 1.4 tdi (non AC)

5. Pastis53

Fairy Lights A2

The EML on my 1.6 A2 has been on for the last eight years. If I disconnect the battery for a short period and reconnect the EML goes off for a day or two or at least sufficient time to pass the MOT. Sometimes on reconnecting the EPC will light up but that is not an MOT failure…yet! The car runs...
  6. U

Battery warning light lingers on

So no sooner was the last problem fixed than the next one appears :) The car was in the garage to fix fried coilpack that was causing the engine to operate in limp home mode. That's all ok now but driving off from the garage, the battery light lingered on for a long time. When I got home...
  7. K

Need a new alternator

Please help! Need a new alternator Hey guys, Havnt posted in a while! I need abit of help, :) I Havnt used my car in a while As I now have a job in central London, I've been told before I stopped using the car so much that I need a new alternator as the car just randomly cuts out! How much...
  8. K

Uh oh, Front N/S Earth bolt broken off, advice for drill access please...

Hi guys. I've been having all kinds of trouble with the starter motor and alternator and inconsistent running/voltage etc on my 2004 tdi, finally tracked it down to the earth strap connecting behind the ABS unit (n/s behind headlight). The bolt was corroded and when I have tried to remove it it...
Back