18s on my A2

A2_SAT

I'm putting the RS4 reps from my A4 onto my A2 while i put Nuvolaris on the A4. The question i have is if i put 5mm spacers on the rear and 3mm spacers on the front, will i have any scraping?

They won't fit - the A4 wheels are PDC 112mm whereas the A2s are PDC 100mm. So spacers or not, you won't get the hub bolts in.

Cheers,

Mike

Ah, didn't know that multi-fits were still available - never been a fan of ovalised holes in wheels!

Well, post the rest of the wheel data - offsets width etc and I'll have a butchers at the numbers for you. Chances are slim without rubbing issues, but possible.

Cheers,

Mike

Oops, i meant that they're dual drilled. Ten holes under the centre caps. They're 8j x 18 with 225/40 18 tyres. the offset is is 38 iirc. I have a set of 5mm spacers and getting a set of 3mm spacers just in case.

Nope - won't physically fit I'm afraid. Maybe with lower profile tyres you stand a chance.

Your wheel/tyre combos measure a nominal 637mm diameter a standard sport wheel/tyre setup is 596mm. I have 215/40 R 17s on my 7.5J 17 TT wheels, which only just fit (there is less than 15mm clearance between the tyre and arch liner on full lock) and they are 604mm diameter, so unless you can find and extra 20mm or so per side, then it's not looking good!

And that's before you get into the offsets!

Cheers,

Mike

Darn, they stick out by quite a bit so i'll try them with 3 and 5mm spacers. If not, i'll try the Nuvolaris. If not, then it'll be the Santa monicas.

If they stick out (from the arches I presume) then a 3 or 5mm spacer is only going to make things worse.

I don't think you'll manage it without a change of tyre to be honest.

Cheers,

Mike

Cool, there's a set of TT compos for sale for £200 up here so i might go for them. 215/40 17 tyres will fit won't they?:confused:

Yes, 215/40s are what I have on my TT '6-arm wing' design alloys. I presume that the offsets for the Competition alloys are the same 7.5J x 17 ET 32?

Cheers,

Mike

I think so, I'll need to check but I'll post pics when i put the wheels on. By the way, is it the front or rear that has issues with the 18s?

Both front and rear are unsuitable for 18" with anything but the skinniest tyres on them.

Cheers,

Mike

PS Look forward to the pics.

I have 8x18" with 215/35 18" Goodyear Eagle F1 on my A2, and hey fit like a glove!

There are som pictures somewhere in the forum of my car with the wheels on. I'll see if I can find them.

Those wheels do look stunning, but I'm not sure about the longevity of them with those black rubber bands for tyres!

Cheers,

Mike

PS, You'll have to get a taxi to the kerb from now on.

No matter how hard i tried, the 18s didn't go on with out any rubbing. So i have procured a set of TT compos. Should i just get them polished again or get them painted gloss black?

Last edited:
Back